Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

What is your nationality? (just curious)

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:39 AM
  • 109 Replies
  • 1297 Total Views
3 moms liked this

What is your nationality? I'm just curious, i love to interact with women from all types of cultures. I myself was born in a small very country like town called Cayey, Puerto Rico but raised in Jersey City, NJ. I'm what they call in spanish "Boricua" meaning you are a true borned puertorican.  Our main dish is Rice and beans of course. love rice and beans lol. We are a tropical island, which means its never cold, the coldest it gets at night might be 70. I have been in PR and at night it has even gone as high as 94 at about 2am. Care to share your nationality??

http://www.topuertorico.org/fastfacts.shtml

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I am French Canadian Native American Indian from the Turtle Mountain, ND tribe on my moms' side. Grandparents grew up on a reservation and moved to Oregon after WWII. On my dads' side, we are Scottish/English and at least 5 generations of Oregonians and I'm registered with my mother's tribe in ND.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I am 1/4 filipino. My Mom was born in Manila, PI. I also have some Polish in me, as well as scottish, and english!

coronado25
by Sister on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM
I am American, born in Washington D.C.

coronado25
by Sister on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:27 AM
2 moms liked this
Wait. I got this wrong. American isn't a nationality...is it? My nation is the United States of America. But America is the continent that encompasses both North and South America and all the many nations thereon.

So am I United Statesian?
Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this

wow, thats interesting. I told my husband that I am dying to visit a reservation, I have this interest in native american history that I am so fond of.

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

I am French Canadian Native American Indian from the Turtle Mountain, ND tribe on my moms' side. Grandparents grew up on a reservation and moved to Oregon after WWII. On my dads' side, we are Scottish/English and at least 5 generations of Oregonians and I'm registered with my mother's tribe in ND.

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

interesting, I thought you was hispanic lol...

Quoting Mariagma3:

I am 1/4 filipino. My Mom was born in Manila, PI. I also have some Polish in me, as well as scottish, and english!

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:32 AM

lol...never heard of the saying United Statesian, cool.

Quoting coronado25:

Wait. I got this wrong. American isn't a nationality...is it? My nation is the United States of America. But America is the continent that encompasses both North and South America and all the many nations thereon.

So am I United Statesian?

pattybear156
by Sister on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

when I got adopted I found I wanted to learn german language. found out through my bio famliy I had a grand uncle to do geneology work and he did a book on our famliy and gave me a copy free. and we came from a small village in germany. my adopted mom is german./cherokee indian and my adopted  dad was scottish/england.mix.

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM

In puerto rico we have what they call the Tainos, they are a tribal nation of native americans that live in the remote central mountain region. Our ancestors are Tainos.

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM

wow, thats amazing. my only languages are english and spanish. I speak, write and read in spanish very well. i learned how to read and write in Spanish when i was 14.

Quoting pattybear156:

when I got adopted I found I wanted to learn german language. found out through my bio famliy I had a grand uncle to do geneology work and he did a book on our famliy and gave me a copy free. and we came from a small village in germany. my adopted mom is german./cherokee indian and my adopted  dad was scottish/england.mix.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)