Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Tell us some interesting Facts about you

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 5:17 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 102 Total Views
2 moms liked this

I hear that we are related to the man who wrote the Webster Dictionary and that we are somehow related to the Wright Brothers.

My great, great, great Grandma or something like that was caught cheating on her husband and he locked her up in the castle in Germany and through the man over the cliff. She was there locked up until the husband died when the son let her out.

We also have a family crest and we have some Historical thing On Hugenot Street in New York where people can tour the houses built there.

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Nov. 8, 2013 at 5:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I am distant cousin to Clyde Barrow of Bonnie and Clyde

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Nov. 8, 2013 at 5:29 PM
2 moms liked this

My grandfather way back discovered Pass Christian,MS. My relatives were slave runners during the Civil War. (not so proud of that one) My relatives on my dad side came here through Ellis Island.

rmebrat1020
by rmebrat on Nov. 8, 2013 at 5:58 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm related to the NC representative who signed the Decleration of Independence. William Hooper. I've also hear that I'm related to a composer and a writre with the last name Swearengin.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Nov. 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Four people in my family got married and nobody's last name changed, even though the wives went by their dh's last name. Both my grandparents ironically already had the same last name and my grandfather's sister married my grandmother's brother, so that's how it went for us and fortunately no incest was involved in the telling of this story!

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Nov. 8, 2013 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm related to Francis Scott Key (Star Spangle Banner), my Great grand parents also came over from Ireland through Ellis Island.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)