Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Aging sucks.....

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 301 Total Views

I have lots of lines where there none...saggy skin, droopy upper eyearea and turkey waddle on my neck.  What kind of face care do you do to help keep at bay old lady syndrome?  

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Hi and welcome. I just use a little face cream in the winter. I have dry skin. Ugh. In the summer, I don't use as much.

MentorMom1
by Gold sister on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:57 PM

OK, Ladyfriend. You need to know about TANAKA!! 

This is the BEST face contouring massage ever. When you get it down, it takes only three minutes. I love the translation. It's from Japanese to English. So nurturing.

Make sure you watch and do the entire massage with Tanaka massaging the model, first.

Then you'll do it again, with the model working on herself and you working on yourself. 

I do this several times a week. It works wonders. It feels great, too. There are four parts.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Nothing! Just get the eyebrows waxed, do my upper lip, and oil of olay regenerist; occasionally!

GMMC
by Angie's Shadow ;) on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Hi nana...

Nice to meet you.

First of all I do agree that aging is an odd experience at times. Of course there are many other things that I am grateful for now that I hit 43 however...the body now has its own life. I can no longer control it. For me it is not the new lines that appear, it is the new facial hair! Or the now long nose hair that I need to pull out regularly. And that really hurts! Or the need I am pretending I don't need is for regular use of the panty liners for little "ooppss's" I have while sneezing, laughing, coughing and even blinking!

I have tried one too many gimmicks to be honest. My best trick is water. Drink plenty of water. My grandmother advised me once that in order to keep balance with your body one needs to observe their stool droppings. And I am not kidding. If "it" floats...one is doing something right and one is healthy! If "it" drops and is odd in colour and odor...well....you know.

I am a Oil of Olay gal simply by tradition. I recall my mothers great big Olay jars as a kid, I remember the smell. It has been around forever and so I naturally just stick with this line. I refuse to buy the 100 million dollar lotions or serums. I did once and have to admit it felt really good and I am sure it made a difference. 

I have been doing the Moroccan oil for the last couple of years. Has it made a difference? I don't know. I just hope I acquired my Grandmother's genes.

Good Luck

Mama G

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I just use soap an water most of the time; if I am dry then I'll include some face cream. But like you, those lines are appearing; not just crows feet anymore. My skin sags a bit because I have lost about 50 pounds in the past year or so; and I find myself simply wearing more makeup to cover that up.

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:36 AM

I keep in mind that yes, aging does suck; but it is better than the alternative.

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:59 AM
I use vitamin e soap and Vaseline.
nana-to-9
by New sister on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Ha!  That is true!,😃

Quoting SeanandNoahsmom:

I keep in mind that yes, aging does suck; but it is better than the alternative.

nana-to-9
by New sister on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:11 AM

That looks interesting....I will look into...at the least it is relaxing!

Quoting MentorMom1:

OK, Ladyfriend. You need to know about TANAKA!! 

This is the BEST face contouring massage ever. When you get it down, it takes only three minutes. I love the translation. It's from Japanese to English. So nurturing.

Make sure you watch and do the entire massage with Tanaka massaging the model, first.

Then you'll do it again, with the model working on herself and you working on yourself. 

I do this several times a week. It works wonders. It feels great, too. There are four parts.

nana-to-9
by New sister on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:12 AM

Thanks for all the tips ladies.  😀

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)