Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Coffee confessions for Saturday 11/23

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:10 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 218 Total Views

Morning sisters!

Today it is a soup kind of day and coffee/tea/hot chocolate/jello shots whatever you like to drink.

What will you do today?

Will you start your prep work for Thanksgiving?

Tell us ONE Thanksgiving confession?

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Weekend~~~

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanksgiving day confession 

i could eat the whole green bean cassaroe at all the houses we go to  I love GB cass mmmm yummy

no plans 

peggytoo
by Bronze sister on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Good morning ladies, having my 2nd cup of coffee and watching it rain, a steady light shower.  My fave coffee for the past few months has been Choc Full o' Nuts, Original Roast.  Another is Zabar's Continental roast.  

Today I started off doing something exciting, a load of laundry.  It's swish-swashing away as I pitter-patter on my key board.   Still contemplating my menu for T-day, which is still pretty much traditional.  My man wants to work in venison someplace in tne menu, and I am about to cave in on that.  I am not a venison person.  Family and I love whole cranberries, so will be cooking  a couple bags of fresh cranberries today, and some sourdough bread.  Got to feed my starter.  Still working on my gift list, and checking it twice, and dd wants to do elfster.

On a first time T-day dinner that I was preparing, with my in-laws coming over----mil, fil, sils, a snitty sil, bils---I roasted a large turkey and forgot to remove the turkey parts.  And I could not figure out why my mom's stuffing recipe did not work me.  Had too much left over after stuffing ol'tom.  Well, asked mil to help in the kitchen by getting the stuffing from the turkey.  And thank God snitty sil was not in the kitchen.  Mil says Peggy what's this, and then we both realized it is the wrapped parts.  At that moment I was wishing it wasn't T-day.

Have a great weekend and Thanksgiving, y'all.

Peggytoo have a nice day

terri-553
by Terri on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:30 AM

good morningI am having coffee,will get on my Treadmill,soon,before Thomas comes.It has iced over here in the middle of Texas,so I am not driving to the GYM,will use my own personal stuff taking up space in my kitchen,If I didn;t have to share the best  cream cake ever I wouldn;t

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:33 AM

It is cold and wet here in my neck of the woods and I am going to stay in and do homework, play, clean and maybe if I am good I will read a book...

15inbetween
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Today I might come to your house because I never make decent jello shot..
Sometimes I pretend I have to work on Thanksgiving to avoid my crazy family. Mostly my mom holidays make her a zilla. (Is hollizilla a thing?)
I do see her on a regular basis though.
AuntFib
by Sister on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Good morning!  It looks a little dreary outside after raining all night, but I work midnights during the week and enjoy the heck out of daylight on the weekends no matter HOW dreary it is!  

I won't be doing much this weekend but will make every minute count:

Some long overdue "snuggle" time with my sweetheart

A 31-party with my daughter-in-law 

And tomorrow, some funtime with my granddaughter before I go to work

My only Thanksgiving confession is that I don't enjoy it half as much since Mom died a few years ago...  

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I'm going to try and get some housework done today. I won't start any prep until maybe Tuesday. My confession is I like having a house full of people, I know some people don't.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Good Morning Ladies!

Nothing much planned today! Going to do some wash, pick up alittle,Hang out with Hubby and come check in on Cafemom once in awhile! Have a great day Ladies!!!

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Good Morning!
jello shotz i soo see in my future! Lol
today, i will do mt laundry, but unsure i will asend to the bottom of it and see my laundry room floor today!
My prep work for thanksgiving is calm and try not to go off on my sil and her family!
Happy Happy weekend, everyone
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Work is the only thing planned. 

My thanksgiving confession... I like when when someone hosts Thanksgiving. I don't mind cooking for the family, but I hate the mess everyone leaves in my house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)