Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Have You Tried "Method" Laundry Products? Need Opinions.

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 233 Total Views

This ad on Amazon is a hoot. But I'm trying to help my MIL switch her brand of fabric softener from Downey to something less toxic. She uses it with every load of laundry, and the entire house smells like fabric softener. I imagine it's soaked through her pores. Reports say about it can cause neurological damage and memory loss. Anyway - anyone know about Method brand products?

by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JennaBea
by Silver sister on Nov. 23, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Never tried it :)

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Nov. 23, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Never tried it~~

wenuck
by Moonshine on Nov. 23, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Havent tried it

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Nov. 23, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Never tried the laundry products but I love their granite cleaner.

MentorMom1
by Gold sister on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I found these products today at Target. And called MIL's grocery store to make sure they carried them. Hopefully she'll get off Downy.

puritydoll
by Bronze sister on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I use them, they work really well. I like the laundry detergent, the lavender general cleaner, the dishwashing and hand soap.

MentorMom1
by Gold sister on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Thank you! I was hoping someone on 40ish would know about the products. I priced the laundry detergent and softener at Target yesterday. They were 12.99 for 50 loads (I think) and 6.99 for 30, respectively. 

Personally, I like natural products and generally don't mind spending a little more. Not a whole lot, though. 

I read on Amazon that with the laundry detergent, you can use less than the recommended amount. Have you found this to be true?

Quoting puritydoll:

I use them, they work really well. I like the laundry detergent, the lavender general cleaner, the dishwashing and hand soap.

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Never heard of it.

puritydoll
by Bronze sister on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yeah, for all of the products, I find they last a lot longer than expected and everything comes very clean very easily.  I love Method products...I'm not obsessive about recycling and "natural" products, but I figure every little bit helps and the price is right, too.  

I started using the lavender all purpose kitchen cleaner just because I enjoy lavender fragrance, and it all went on from there. 

Quoting MentorMom1:

Thank you! I was hoping someone on 40ish would know about the products. I priced the laundry detergent and softener at Target yesterday. They were 12.99 for 50 loads (I think) and 6.99 for 30, respectively. 

Personally, I like natural products and generally don't mind spending a little more. Not a whole lot, though. 

I read on Amazon that with the laundry detergent, you can use less than the recommended amount. Have you found this to be true?

Quoting puritydoll:

be generous in happiness, and patient in affliction. 

mamamiajk
by Silver sister on Nov. 24, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Sorry...not here. I have eczema (all over) so I usually stick to Purex or Arm and Hammer because my skin tolerates them. I never use liquid fabric softener from any brand. I always use sheets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)