Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Concerts

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:48 AM
BL
  • 34 Replies
  • 432 Total Views

Have you gone to any? If so who did you see?

by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

First concert for me was Elton John way back in the late 70's and it was awesome. Saw Rod Stewart, Beach Boys, Toby Keith, Willie Nelson & Charlie Daniels. All great.

In May 2014 we are going to see George Strait! WOOHOO.... Also playing will be Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. I don't care much for her but I think it will be an awesome show. I am so excited. Always wanted to see George Strait and he's finally coming to Gillette Stadium in Massachusetts.

LadyAmaranth
by Amaranth on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

When I was in high school and college.

In high school there was a giant 4th of July concert(an annual event) and one year Sheena Easton came. My dad took a friend and I.

In college I went and saw Paula Abdul.

Both were fun.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I've been to a few. My favorite was Conway Twitty, George Jones, and Billy Joe Royal.

BL2010
by BL on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Lucky you. I would have loved to see Conway Twitty and George Jones.

Quoting ALolies:

I've been to a few. My favorite was Conway Twitty, George Jones, and Billy Joe Royal.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Nov. 26, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

It was only a year or so before Conway died. I felt very fortunate to have seen him. I also loved George Jones and am glad to have gotten to see him as well. 

Quoting BL2010:

Lucky you. I would have loved to see Conway Twitty and George Jones.

Quoting ALolies:

ashleighmama
by Ash on Nov. 26, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I've seen Pink Floyd, Metallica, Kiss, and several times Ted Nugent.

ratchetlee
by Sister on Nov. 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Its been a very long time......

I've seen many country artists, and I hate country music, lol
Pam Tillis, Garth Brooks, George Jones, Reba McIntyre, some other guy that I don't remember....and several that I can't think of right now

I've also seen Hootie and the Blowfish in the 90s.  In 2004 - DH and I saw Prince.  In 2008 we saw Ruben Studdard (and my 3rd baby was conceived that night, lol)  most recently in 2010 we saw John Mayer! 

Micawife
by Bronze sister on Nov. 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

My 1st  concert was Jimmy Buffet in 1980, last concert was Third Day in 2009 in between I have seen Joan Jett, Pat Benatar, Rolling Stones, Journey, Areosmith (twice) Eddy Money, Alman Brothers, Stevie Ray Von, Alice Cooper, Kiss, Charlie Daniels, Micheal Bolton. I am sure there have been more but I just can't think of them would have to dig thru all my ticket stubs (yup I kept them all)

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Nov. 26, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I been to a few salsa concerts in the 80's. I went to a doo woo concert with my MIL, had a ball.
Hopeful04
by Sister on Nov. 26, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I've been to tons of concerts. My first concert was Loverboy. I think I was 14 or 15. Most recent was Lionel Richie at the end of September. He was fantastic!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)