Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Debate question: 11/27 (warning)

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 6:19 AM
  • 32 Replies
  • 518 Total Views

Morning!

I saw a question that was on the show Bethanny yesterday and thought I would bring it here and ask you.

Is it consider cheating if your spouse (or even you) go to a strip club?

Is cheating JUST when the person kisses or having sex with another? or could cheating be when a person goes to strip clubs pay money to watch the dancers or even get a lap dance? What in your opinion is considered cheating?

cornucopia

** Remember cheating is different for everyone and every opinion is valuable to us. Please dont bash someone for their opinion. If you are not apart of 40ish and would like to chime in please do! :)

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 6:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyAmaranth
by Amaranth on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Personally, I believe it's cheating when you become emotionally invested in someone else. Someone else's wants, desires, needs and you act upon them knowing it would hurt your spouse(and of course the doing it behind the back part).

Going to a club isn't really doing that imho, that's just instant gratification of seeing a naked body but you are not emotionally invested really. Although I suppose the occasional person might end up falling for a stripper, but that could be more delusion than emotionally invested lol.

~HILLARIE~

Mama to 3 Joyfully Chaotic boys

Widow to my crazy chicken(4-8-13)....Always Love

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Not cheating as far as I'm concerned, I don't think looking.....is cheating!!!

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:34 AM
7 moms liked this

I just know that if my dh were the type of guy stopping at strip clubs and paying for lap dances, he could tell me which club I could drop his shit off at.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Personally if it makes the spouse uncomfortable and the other spouse knows it I think that is cheating no matter what they are doing.

I think they can be at a strip club and have wanting feelings, they could also see someone hot on the street and feel the same way.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmmmm tough Question!

Im on the fence with this one. To just go to strip club and just to watch no, but when it comes to the Lap dances and men are getting aroused over it,then my mind says its cheating. Its just crossing over that line when it comes to another woman putting their body up against my man. 

I dont know like I said Im on the fence with this one!!!!!

anchorgurl
by Bronze sister on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I love this response!

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

I just know that if my dh were the type of guy stopping at strip clubs and paying for lap dances, he could tell me which club I could drop his shit off at.

anchorgurl
by Bronze sister on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's "cheating" but I guess that if it happened on a regular basis (i.e. weekly) then it is a definite problem.  DH has gone to bachelor parties that were held at strip clubs, but it's not a place that he frequents. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Watching no, or putting money in a g string no. Kissing absolutely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BL2010
by Just Me on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Personally, I don't think going to a strip club is cheating. It all depends on what the couple defines cheating as.

Depends on what kind of kissing you're talking about. I hope kissing another person isn't cheating otherwise I and hubby would have cheated a gazillion times... lol... I have a tendency to kiss lots of people. Just the way I was brought up. :)

mom2boys664
by Sister on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Not at all. I think if your guy is going all the time there is a problem, but going occasionally with the guys is no big deal. I am hoping to get a group of friends together to see a male review- I think it's fine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)