Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Turkey day eve chat post 11/27

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 6:24 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 178 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Morning!

It is cold out there!!

Are you ready for tomorrow? turkey dinner I am making all my pies, cakes and starter gravy today and then put my turkeys in tonight.. Cant wait for that yummy smell!! I got three garlic bread that I need to put in the oven to cook so I can cut them down for my stuffing. YUMMY~~

What is your plans for today?

Stay warm and lets have a great day~~

cornucopia

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:25 AM
2 moms liked this

Good Morning! It sure is cold here as well a whole 11 out

Clean House it needs it badly, I have all the dusting done and most of the sweeping and mopping done, I am working on the laundry and I have to clean the bathrooms as well. I have went through a stack of papers and loaded up the trash can yet once again. I will get my pies made later and I will premake a few things so I don't have to work so hard at it tomorrow. I still have a few things to take off the counter and get my spare bedroom ready for my stepson and his family that seems to be my catch all and where all of my Christmas gifts are that will be the toughest room so off I better get or I won't get done.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

BL2010
by BL on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Hey babe. I'm always ready. I'm at the office. No cooking for me today. I made my spinach pies a few weeks ago and froze them. Hubby gets out of work at 4, will come and get me and off to Massachusetts we go. Hopefully the weather and traffic won't be to bad and we get there to his sister's by 6:30

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting BL2010:

Hey babe. I'm always ready. I'm at the office. No cooking for me today. I made my spinach pies a few weeks ago and froze them. Hubby gets out of work at 4, will come and get me and off to Massachusetts we go. Hopefully the weather and traffic won't be to bad and we get there to his sister's by 6:30

Travel safe Hugs!

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning, and yes it is cold out there. Today I will finish cleaning and start my turkey later today or tonight.

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Good morning, I'm at work now leaving early to go to supermarket and pick up a few things. Jocelyn is home and I'm so excited to see her.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Good Morning!!!

I just dropped Ciara with her Nanny and after here I will start my cleaning and later on will be baking my pies and start on the stuffing! I am soooo ready!!

Safe Travels to ALL!!!!

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Nov. 27, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

My day will be full for cleaning and cooking; with family arriving thoughout. Actually-They will be doing most of the work :)

culinaryqueen
by Bronze sister on Nov. 27, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Baking

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Just working today. I am not cooking anything this year. Hubby's aunt is doing all the cooking. After work, I can just relax and get in family mode. LOL

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I'm making my desserts for tomorrow.  I just realized that I missed up the banana cream pie - I added too much milk to the mix and I don't think it's gonna set.

So now the question is - do I take it as is and just let people eat it kinda mushy? OR, should I pour out the mix, add more pudding mix (it's a cheat easy version with pudding and cool whip) and then pour it back in?  It won't look as pretty, but it will be firmer.

Eh, I think I'll poke it in an hour and see how it looks.  lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)