Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Should I ... ?

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 11:05 AM
  • 37 Replies
  • 447 Total Views
File a complaint against my teacher at the college?

I wrote about this teacher back in sept. How she, in a man way, said it was immature to draw cartoons. And more.

Throughout the semester she's been always saying nasty things to me. My classmates are always telling me and asking me what's her problem with me.

Last night in class we were suppose to bring fruit. I brought 2 oranges and one student forgot so I gave him one. When the teacher saw him she said so Matthew I see you brought and orange. Then she looks at me and says, was it a coincidence or Matthew brought 2 and gave you one? Or something like that.

Maybe it doesn't sound so bad as it did last night but I'm just sick of her bs. I'm always early, always prepare for class. I missed class on Halloween because I wanted to spend it with my children. But she finds ways to put me down. I see she is very passive aggressive but I didn't do anything you her. She is not like this to anyone else. She is extremely condescending.

One time I bright chocolate for the whole class and when I gave her the chocolate she is questioning me if the chocolate is done in a way that's good to the people or the food. I forget now how it went but it was ridiculous. My classmates later said to me not to pay attention that she was rude.

I understand about sweatshops and safety but it's Nestle the brand. So whatever issues she should know if she is the one who is worry about it. I only know about the GMOs.

I was just trying to be nice to her to see if she will stop being so nasty. It didn't work. She probably threw away the chocolate.

I'm thinking about filling a grievance complain against her, I'm I being over sensitive?
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Nov. 27, 2013 at 11:24 AM
3 moms liked this

I dont think you are. I think its sad that she is being nasty to you even after you tried to be nice to her. Have you stay back after class with a classmate and ask her what the problem is? This would be my first course of action and then I would ask my witness to write up a statement of what hapen and I would write one and file a complaint.  

BL2010
by BL on Nov. 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

How much longer are you in the class? If she said what she said about the fruit to me, I would have said, I brought them in not him and walked away. What is this class for?

flika
by Bronze sister on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
It's part of the core. This class is done in 3 weeks but last night it was the last straw. I'm sick of her behavior. I called the dean and I'm meeting him Tuesday.

I didn't say I brought 2bc I isn't want to sell out on the student.

Quoting BL2010:

How much longer are you in the class? If she said what she said about the fruit to me, I would have said, I brought them in not him and walked away. What is this class for?

flika
by Bronze sister on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM
This is what they told me to do but I just went to the Dean bc I doubt she will agree of how she is behaving towards me.

Quoting dana63:

I dont think you are. I think its sad that she is being nasty to you even after you tried to be nice to her. Have you stay back after class with a classmate and ask her what the problem is? This would be my first course of action and then I would ask my witness to write up a statement of what hapen and I would write one and file a complaint.  

BL2010
by BL on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck! And let us know what happens.

Quoting flika:

It's part of the core. This class is done in 3 weeks but last night it was the last straw. I'm sick of her behavior. I called the dean and I'm meeting him Tuesday.

I didn't say I brought 2bc I isn't want to sell out on the student.

Quoting BL2010:

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Are you passing the class? How much longer do you have? If the semester is nearly over and you are passing, I would probably not do anything until the final grades are turned in. Then I might file a complaint against her. 

flika
by Bronze sister on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm passing. I'm going to wait until class I'd over like you said. It may be a better choice. But I have to file. I'm sure she is like this with other students. I was reading the rate my professor site and the majority complain of how she has the students she prefers and treats them great and the others she isn't so nice.
I took her class bc it was in the time frame I could go. Otherwise I would have drop her class.

Quoting ALolies:

Are you passing the class? How much longer do you have? If the semester is nearly over and you are passing, I would probably not do anything until the final grades are turned in. Then I might file a complaint against her. 

flika
by Bronze sister on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm passing with a B probably. It's the only class I'm getting a B. The rest of my classes I'm getting all A's.

Quoting ALolies:

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I think I would take the B and file the complaint after the class is over. It sucks to have to go through this. 

Quoting flika:

I'm passing with a B probably. It's the only class I'm getting a B. The rest of my classes I'm getting all A's.

Quoting ALolies:

wenuck
by Moonshine on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Yea what the heck!!!!!

It would take alot to bite my tongue!!

But I agree with the other women! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN