Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Do you agree?

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM
  • 40 Replies
  • 414 Total Views
1 mom liked this

This may turn into a debate and that's fine. Just remember, no bashing. We are each allowed our own opinion. 
The network approached the Robertsons and told them they would have to cut the prayer portion of their show as it offended some. Do you think they should continue the show and cut the prayer?
I think they should continue showing the prayer in the show. There are many other shows on TV that someone can watch if they are offended by prayer.

by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

NO they shouldn't. I think that is part of their family dynamics. Phil wasn't always like that. He turned himself around and found God and that's awesome. I say good for him and the whole family!

BL2010
by BL on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE PHIL..

Happy, happy, happy

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it's their show to which I don't watch it and others don't have to either if they don't agree with how the show is run. What is this world coming to that we can't voice our own opinions. And that isn't why I don't watch it the few shows I saw just weren't for us.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Did you see the one when Phil and Kaye re-newed their vows? 

Quoting BL2010:

NO they shouldn't. I think that is part of their family dynamics. Phil wasn't always like that. He turned himself around and found God and that's awesome. I say good for him and the whole family!

BL2010
by BL on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup. I can't wait for the Christmas special.

Quoting ALolies:

Quoting BL2010:

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Very well said! I agree that we can watch what we want on TV. I think if Phil can't pray, they should tell others they can't say bleeeep, bleeeep, bleeep all the time. I have changed channels from a show I really wanted to see because in the first five minutes I heard a total of two or three words amongst the bleeps... But I don't boycott the show, I just change the channel... 

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

I think it's their show to which I don't watch it and others don't have to either if they don't agree with how the show is run. What is this world coming to that we can't voice our own opinions. And that isn't why I don't watch it the few shows I saw just weren't for us.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I cried when she said "I loved you when we were poor and you weren't so nice. Now you are very nice"

Quoting BL2010:

Quoting ALolies:

Quoting BL2010:

BL2010
by BL on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too! I just found this video that I am watching.

Quoting ALolies:

I cried when she said "I loved you when we were poor and you weren't so nice. Now you are very nice"

Quoting BL2010:

Quoting ALolies:

Quoting BL2010:

jdy9440
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Keep the prayer

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:12 PM
2 moms liked this

I've never seen the show, but I think if it's already a part of the show, it should stay in the show.  If people are getting offended, they can change the channel!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN