Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Some people dont need to be parents! (Update)

Posted by   + Show Post

I was told that these parents took their 5 year old daughter to the children hospital and left her there. The little girl is sick and instead of being parents they decided to leave her by herself. Hospitals are also safe places and although they took her there, made sure she was admitted and then left. WHAT parent would do this to their sick child? CPS is now involved and I guess they said that the little girl has someone who is sitting at the hospital with her.

I understand if your child is in the hospital you need to take time to clear your head, get something to eat, or for that matter run out to make sure everything is ok at your house. BUT to entirely leave your child not for one day BUT 5 (yes you saw it right) this child was left 5 days so far.

I am not sure what the laws are but I hope the parents get some sort of prison time.

Update: My daughter was able to talk to someone and come to find out the little girl is there because her father beat her almost to death. The mother decided to give up the child rather than give up on the father. The father is in jail (not sure about the mother) but my daughter said the little girl is up walking around and came to my grandson room asking if she could see the baby. My daughter said she is the sweetest thing and CPS workers are not leaving her alone and making sure she is comfortable. My prayers for this baby and hope the parents get what they deserve.

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I couldn't leave a 5 year old, but have left a teenager overnight and it felt awful. I had a class that could not be missed or I would be dropped to the tune of over a thousand dollars, but she was in great hands and of course she was not scared and the hospital knew where I was.

I wonder if there are other children who must be watched and a job that can not be missed or they will be homeless? It would be interesting to know what the reason is, but 5 days is inexcusable!

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:53 PM

This is so sad...

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM

UGH!!! I dont understand how they can do it, but they are looking at a slap on the wrist. There may also have been extenuating circumstances.

ChellBell2013
362 days till the beach July 2015
Yesterday at 10:45 PM
by Beach Lover on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM

wow that is nuts I could not leave my  kid at the hospital like that  for long periods of time like you said to go check on things at home or go to the cafeteria to eat but even then I would try to get someone else to come sit with the kid so that if she/he needed something  and the nurses couldnt get right there I could help her  or him get it faster 

People grrrr

KW1280
by Silver sister on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM
I don't get it
I tried to go in the operating room w/ K. I understand stepping out to get food or to check on other children, but 5 days no go
PacificNW1994
by Sister on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Where in the hell would these parents have to go that is so important. ?!  This really angers me and I never get mad.  I guess we should not judge but I still say where could they be for 5 days.  That is just so wrong on all levels.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:04 AM

oh my lord..at least one of us would be their no matter what...poor lil thing...

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:42 AM
My heart breaks for that baby girl! I hope the parents rot
ChellBell2013
362 days till the beach July 2015
Yesterday at 10:45 PM
by Beach Lover on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:00 AM

awww that is such a sad story  why ever the mom would give up on a kid just to stay with a guy that does that is beyond me so stupid 

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Prayers for that little one to heal and find a wonderful forever home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)