Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

It's been six hours so far...

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:29 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 330 Total Views

DD didn't take a nap today and was falling apart at the seams at 7:30 so I put her to bed. Well, I sit with her until she falls asleep but it's now almost 1:30 a.m. and she is STILL up. I don't know what to do. She keeps almost going to sleep then wakes up crying. She has done this probably ten times since 7:30 and she is just standing in there right now looking at me. I'm trapped on the couch in the living rom where she can see me. I don't know what to do. I think I'm going to be up all night, and I can't do that.  Anybody have any ideas what could be going on?  I am rather alarmed at the prospect of being up all night, her being up all night, and then us both having to deal with each other tomorrow. It will not be pretty...help? She's going to be three at the beginning of February, if that helps at all.

Update. Whew. What a night. She finally fell asleep at 2 a.m. but got up crying 45 minutes later, cred for ten minutes, went back to sleep, got up 45 minutes later, cried for a while, slept a little more then got up and cried for a while more. All I could think of to do was to put us both on her floor and try to sleep together there, as she didn't want to be in her crib last night and I needed some rest. So we slept from about 4:30 until 7:30 a.m., fitfully on the floor and then she got up. Today she has a little bit of a runny nose so I guess it was just because she got a little cold. I am not happy she is has a cold but I'm relieved that it's that and not another sleep regression that will last three months again, hopefully.

12/10 Thanks ladies for the support. :) I was at my wits end last night when I posted this and it was a good vent to just get out my frustration but people actually responded which was extra nice! lol. I hadn't considered an ear infection because she's never had one but since most people have suggested it I am going to see how she is doing tonight and tomorrow and then take her to the doc for an ear check. So far tonight she's gotten up and cried a little on and off but so far so good and I'm going to try to get some sleep. Hugs, mamas. And goodnight.

by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Dec. 10, 2013 at 5:32 AM
2 moms liked this

Possibly an ear infection? IDK...you don't say she has been sick but usually ears are the culprit with this sort of behavior.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:27 AM
3 moms liked this

With Ciara I will lay with her and set the time on the Tv for 30 minutes and I tell her its time to go to bed and when the Tv goes off its night,night time she will lay there and go to sleep then.

looneymom424
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Been there those long nights make for long days the next day I say an ear infection or pain somewhere...why didnt you just put her in the crib...she doesnt make the rules you do.

samomama
by Ms. Fair Weather on Dec. 10, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, dear. Sorry for your sleepless night. Not quite the same, but DS wake up last night at around 3 am and cried for about 15 min. It is sad and frustrating when you don't know how to help your baby. And he is having rough time waking up in the mornings, for the last several days. He's been also sick and feverish last week, so I also wonder if there is some ear infection going on.

In any case, I hope it is not sleep regresion for DS or for your DD. I hope tonight goes better for you two. Hugs.

JTE11
by Bronze sister on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:42 PM

She's not one to get ear infections but as it turns out she does have a cold. How that made her do what she did last night I don't know but if it happens again I'll be taking her in to have her ears checked. I never think of ear infections because she's never had one (knock on an entire forest) so I'm glad for the reminder!

Quoting Maida265:

Possibly an ear infection? IDK...you don't say she has been sick but usually ears are the culprit with this sort of behavior.

JTE11
by Bronze sister on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I am thinking I should probably use some kind of timer so she knows I only have so much time in her room (or sit on the couch) before I have to leave. Usually she just settles down and goes to sleep and I get up and leave but not last night.

Quoting wenuck:

With Ciara I will lay with her and set the time on the Tv for 30 minutes and I tell her its time to go to bed and when the Tv goes off its night,night time she will lay there and go to sleep then.

JTE11
by Bronze sister on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:48 PM

It took me probaly 20 minutes to get her to stop crying after I took her out of the crib, and when I tried to put her back in she was super clingy and she's not usually like that so instead of getting her all wound up again I just put us both n the floor so maybe we could both get a little sleep. If it hadn't been something like hour nine of me trying to get her to go to sleep I might have had more resolve, lol.

Quoting looneymom424:

Been there those long nights make for long days the next day I say an ear infection or pain somewhere...why didnt you just put her in the crib...she doesnt make the rules you do.

JTE11
by Bronze sister on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Aw, sorry your DS isn't feeling well either. It's so frustrating to see them desperately need sleep but not be able to get it because they're sick. Hope he feels better very soon!

Quoting samomama:

Oh, dear. Sorry for your sleepless night. Not quite the same, but DS wake up last night at around 3 am and cried for about 15 min. It is sad and frustrating when you don't know how to help your baby. And he is having rough time waking up in the mornings, for the last several days. He's been also sick and feverish last week, so I also wonder if there is some ear infection going on.

In any case, I hope it is not sleep regresion for DS or for your DD. I hope tonight goes better for you two. Hugs.

my2kidsmom9498
by Sister on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I was thinking ear infection or teeth coming ?
JTE11
by Bronze sister on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

She has all of her teeth but she does have a cold and if it doesn't get better in a day or two I think I'm going to have her ears looked at. Just to make sure.

Quoting my2kidsmom9498: I was thinking ear infection or teeth coming ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)