Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Insomnia

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:49 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 121 Total Views

How do you ladies deal with insomnia, up until recently I never had problems with it and it seems to come in waves.  I have days or week(s) with it then it goes away for awhile then it's back.  I'm 44 so not sure if it's premenopause or not.  Tried melatonin with no success.  Trying to track it and find a pattern but in early stages so data incomplete.  I guess the two Dr. peppers last night could be my cause but when I was younger never had to worry about that hehe.  What are your secrets to successful sleep ladies??

by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wenuck
by Moonshine on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I dont have these issues but hopefully somebody can help!

Hugs!!

Analeigh2012
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:48 AM
I am just 43 a couple months ago and have been having insomnia problems over the past year. The bouts seem bad. I found nothing caffeinated after 4 pm helps. Also, no wine with supper :(
Reading has been the best. If I lay down and start reading, usually within 3 pages I can't keep my eyes open. Zero technology or TV for a full 1-2 hours before going to bed. Just put my feet up, or in a warm water soak. Some nights one or a combo of these works. Others, like last night, I was up until 3 am and now trying to work but really want to just sleep!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BL2010
by BL on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I'm sure the Dr Pepper didn't help. Try cutting our all caffeine by 5:00pm.

rmebrat1020
by rmebrat on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I've dealt with insomnia since I was 14. I don't have anything caffeinated after 5. I try to turn the tv off when the kids go to bed at 8. Then I'll either read or do cross-stitch. Sometimes nothing helps and I'm up for days.
Bulliedmom
by Sister on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:03 PM

These all sound reasonable but no dr pepper at night will be rough.  After 5 is just way to early.  Some days I work till 10:30 and I enjoy coming home and kicking back with a dr pepper and watch some tv at this time of year Christmas movies galore.  Like I said I'm starting to track it and see what changes I can make to help.  Ugg getting old sucks!!!!  I use to sleep at a drop of the hat for hours at a time I guess those dys are gone!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)