Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

location or design?

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 202 Total Views

When buying/renting a home is it more important to you to have the best location possible, or the best design/floorplan/size/etc.  It is rare that people can afford their dream home in their dream location.... so which is more important to you?

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
looneymom424
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:52 PM

The design of the home..

suzanneyea
by Sister on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Location!

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Oh boy...I don't know. I'd hate to compromise on either. I think I'd hold out for when one is in a location I want and where I want..lol.

That doesn't answer the question does it. I'm going to have to say location (even though I feel I can get along with anyone, I'd REALLY hate to live in a gorgeous house but be afraid to step outside my door at night.

BL2010
by BL on Dec. 23, 2013 at 2:39 PM

wenuck
by Moonshine on Dec. 23, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Shari55
by Nanny on Dec. 23, 2013 at 2:54 PM

For us it is the location, we rent and have been in the same apartment for twenty plus years, the reason is the church, school (which my daughters only attended till we started homeschooling) and park. Now it is because of the bus system (we live between two bus routes). 

Also helps that our landlord is a wonderful person too.

nussknacker
by Nutlady on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Totally location! I have been umm.....housing challenged ( to be PC..lol) now since Feb 2011. While not having a home is devastating, simply devastating, I would rather be in a "tin sardine can" ( thats being quite generous) in the country then anywhere in town.

Lb128f
by Bronze sister on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Location. 

Roo1234
by Sister on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I would say location(i.e. best school district), my husband would argue for the floor plan
Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:18 PM

It used to have to be location, because of having kids. Now, it can be either. But, mainly location. Then, the rest falls into place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)