Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

knitting or crocheting

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:10 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 104 Total Views

Hello,

I have always wanted to learn how to either knit or crochet.  The problem is I have actually no talent in that area, I just am not a crafty person.  So, which would be easier to learn?  Can one learn from a book, dvd or would I have to take a class?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I"m learning to crochet by watching FREE youtube videos... they are GREAT... My mom tried to teach me for years and I could not get it...but for some reason these video's are doing the trick... I've learned so much..Haven't finished anything yet but just started a couple of weeks ago and what I've done so far is looking good. Just google "how to crochet videos"

alexgia
by Silver sister on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Quoting jmlmomma:

I"m learning to crochet by watching FREE youtube videos... they are GREAT... My mom tried to teach me for years and I could not get it...but for some reason these video's are doing the trick... I've learned so much..Haven't finished anything yet but just started a couple of weeks ago and what I've done so far is looking good. Just google "how to crochet videos"

i have done both but find crocheting easier.  as jmlmomma said, youtube has alot of videos.  there is a knitting/crocheting group here on cm that provides a lot of help and hints to beginners.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I have crocheted for years. I did learn to knit by watching youtube... I think crocheting is easier...

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:21 PM

OH NO! now I must go find them! :o)

Quoting alexgia:

Quoting jmlmomma:

i have done both but find crocheting easier.  as jmlmomma said, youtube has alot of videos.  there is a knitting/crocheting group here on cm that provides a lot of help and hints to beginners.

Lb128f
by Silver sister on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Good Luck! 

BL2010
by BL on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I've never tried knitting but I would think crocheting is easier. Look online and see if you can find a how-to on youtube.

doodlepuss
by Platinum sister on Dec. 23, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Youtube has video on both.  I crochet and I used to knit when I was younger but I've forgotten how.  I like crochet--you can do so many things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN