Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD BOOK???`

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:01 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 201 Total Views

I'VE BEEN WANTING TO GET BACK INTO READING WHILE THE KIDS ARE IN SCHOOL...

SO IF ANYONE COULD RECOMMEND SOMETHING GOOD PLEASE LET ME K NOW..

THANKS!!

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scapermom
by Sister on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Haven't read it yet myself (I'm on the waitlst for the ebook at the library), but I've heard great things about The Goldfinch by Donna Tarrt...
jryberg
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM

What type of books did you like to read before? I love reading and read a lot of different types so I am more than happy to pass on recommednations but would like to narrow down my list ;) 

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Our very own sister of 40ish Bobbie Bandy is a great author. WE love her work and promote her each time a book comes out. You can find her books on Amazon...

BL2010
by BL on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:56 AM

What do you like to read? Mysteries, romance, etc....

MotherOfTWINS09
by Sister on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I'm a sucker for a real good romance

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

One of my favorite love stories/books is The Time Travelers Wife.  Adore that book!

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Nora Roberts is great I finished Midnight Bayou recently that is a great box, Also I love the Flowers In the Attic series by VC Andrews, anything Thomas Kincaide is great there are just so many great books out there. Enjoy whate ever you read.

JohnnysGirl1967
by Sister on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Are You There God, It's Me Margaret by Judy Blume (I'm kidding) But I did love that book when I was 11 :)

cjsix
There are many ups and downs through out a marriage and our lives but,if we fight for what we care about most we can make it and find our hearts home <3
Today at 3:02 AM
by Sister on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I love Wanda Brunsetter and Beverly Lewis. They write Amish romances and are wonderful! I also like Richard Paul Evans...The Christmas Box and many others including a series which starts with The Walk.

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:47 PM
My son loves the red wall series. My so likes Nora Roberts, harry turtledove, Louis lamor, sang grey, gr Roberts, Luke Braun. So said read the back of the book and see if it peaks your interest. If it does try it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)