Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Unemployment ends tomorrow

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:26 AM
  • 21 Replies
  • 366 Total Views

1.3 million individuals will lose unemployment benefits as of tomorrow.

Does this affect you or anyone you know? How will it affect those 1.3 million that is trying to find work but cant because of the economy or right now the holidays and no one is hiring?

I think everything that a person pays for while working is being taken away and yet they still have to pay for it with each check.

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:13 AM

I haven't heard anything about this. I do know unemployment has gone up for employers (because we pay it) so why is it ending yet we are paying more for it? "they" keep saying the economy is getting better and yet my own personal and business are getting worse. EVERYTHING is going up in price and our income has gone sickeningly down! 

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:43 AM

They said they couldnt come to an agreement about it so now if you apply you get the State and when it runs out you dont get the extended two tiers (which you also pay into each pay check).

Quoting jmlmomma:

I haven't heard anything about this. I do know unemployment has gone up for employers (because we pay it) so why is it ending yet we are paying more for it? "they" keep saying the economy is getting better and yet my own personal and business are getting worse. EVERYTHING is going up in price and our income has gone sickeningly down! 

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I have not heard of this either...gosh...what will they do ?

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver sister on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Dh just said. They are not extending any extensions. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:00 AM
2 moms liked this
It has gotta end sometime. It has been extended and extended. You can't get it forever. Many have taken more than they paid in already and then some.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I hadn't heard that I know someone who has gotten a few extensions over the years and they say they have no income but I don't know if they are still getting anything this has been on going for 5 yrs now I think.

JTROX
by Sister on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:13 AM

This is federal unemployment extenstions.   This is not the ue that was paid into while working.  (Except for general taxes.)

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by ASS QUEEN on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Amen! Having been through this nightmare myself, I can sympathize with every single one of those 1.3 million. The only thing you can do is refuse to lose hope and keep trying. I know it isnt enough, it wasnt for me.

As for paying for what we are being denied, its crazy. We can get into all kinds of financial and legal trouble for refusing to pay it but the government has no reprecussions for refusing to issue it. We need a collective scream here!

momofsixangels
by Gold sister on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Wow. Thats crazy

angelgirlrrt
by Sister on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:37 AM

North Carolina did away with the Unemployment extensions earlier in the year. The unfortunate part is now 1.3 million individuals will now fall through the cracks and not be counted in the unemployment rate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN