Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would be fun?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:31 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 277 Total Views

Now that the holiday break is coming to an end,  I'm feeling a little depressed.  I've spent the entire break hosting company.  I'm an outgoing introvert.... this means I enjoy company for about 2 hours then I NEED my private time.  All week I've been hosting company and cooking.  In a few days I'll return to work as a teacher,  and yet I'm not sure what would be fun to do these last few days.  I need to do something fun - but I have no ideas.    I don't really have any extra money right now.  I have a 12 and 10 year old daughter-  son is almost 18.   Any ideas on how to bring back a little happiness before beginning work again.  I need to put in about 6 hours of prep before going back to work... so I need to fit that in too.

Karenlise

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Welcome. What do you like to do? Do you live where there is snow?

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

One of my favorite things to do with my kids has been road trips. Sometimes we would just take a short drive and see something that didn't cost us anything and then head back home. I also took them on little hikes. I just enjoyed the bantering back and forth without anyone but us to hear it.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I know I go back( not a teacher) but Cafeteria in 1 week, I feel ya on wanting to do something. Can you just go for a ride grab a cup of your favorite drink and drive around to see some sights?

What is your weather like?

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Welcome!

Yes what do you enjoy doing? And where do you live?

Hiking,sledding??? Are you an outside kind of person?

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

museums, little side trips to "sights" in your area you have never seen or knew about-check your local visitors bureau ! 

karenlise
by New sister on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:48 PM
3 moms liked this

I live in the midwest and it is a very cold day today.  So we decided to go out to eat for lunch,   that's a treat because I get tired of my own cooking.   Then we went and spent a few hours at the public library.  We actually had a lot of fun,  I borrowed a bunch of new books,  checked out my fav magazines and browsed through the DVD's .  The girls used the computers,  played checkers and caught up with friends.  It was fun and didn't cost any money.  YEAH! We all need to be reminded of the simple things that keep us happy and entertained.  Thanks for all your ideas.  Tomorrow is another day.... maybe we'll do that roadtrip.

LadyAmaranth
by Hillarie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

If the roads aren't bad you could find local ghost towns and go exploring.

You could go bowling, arcade, etc.

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:38 AM

You didn't say what the weather is like or if there is anything interesting around you.  How about making your own fun inside?  Make personal pizzas that everyone can customize and eat them on an indoor picnic.  Rent a movie you'd all like and pig out on popcorn, or play a board game together. Have the kids make a dessert or cookies together (and clean up!) while you take a bath. 

Have your kids ever been thrifting?  You know, looking for stuff at thrift stores? That can actually be lots of fun!  (My daughter is 19 and still loves thrifting)  Give them a dollar limit - maybe $10 each- and let them hit the thrift stores for books, jewelry, purses, items for their rooms, etc..  It's a good way to show them that treasures can be found in unusual places and that what they give to charitable organizations can be a find for someone else.

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Dec. 31, 2013 at 3:38 AM
Make cookies,kids decorate and either go out for pizza or make your own. Then either rent movies, play games or do some kind of craft. Go to the library to check out books and rent movies.
Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Quoting karenlise:

I live in the midwest and it is a very cold day today.  So we decided to go out to eat for lunch,   that's a treat because I get tired of my own cooking.   Then we went and spent a few hours at the public library.  We actually had a lot of fun,  I borrowed a bunch of new books,  checked out my fav magazines and browsed through the DVD's .  The girls used the computers,  played checkers and caught up with friends.  It was fun and didn't cost any money.  YEAH! We all need to be reminded of the simple things that keep us happy and entertained.  Thanks for all your ideas.  Tomorrow is another day.... maybe we'll do that roadtrip.

See what you can do even when you can't think of anything to do you did and had a great time. Enjoy your road trip if you get to take one and let us know what you did.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)