Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NYE plans

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:16 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 227 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Hi ladies! What do you do for NYE? Do you have family traditions? Do you have an adult night out?Stay in with friends? I stay home with hubby and ds and we make fondue and a seafood dinner. We have appetizers and eat all day, play board games and try to stay up til midnight to ring in the new year. It usually ends up being me and ds alone cause hubby crashes out early lol.  Ds and I go visit my Mom and Dad during the day and have a snack with them while hubby works. Happy new year ladies!

in loveGina

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM
2 moms liked this

we stick close to home and have our own little party much like you... Hope your new year is grand!

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Well tomorrow morning Oldest DD and I do our New years eve shopping then we come home and get ready for our party. We are having about 15-20 people here to celebrate and bring in the New Year!

I will have pulled Bbq pork and tacos,beef sticks,cheese and all kinds of chips.

happy new year

Mom2Kyle03
by Sister on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds fun wenuck! Have a happy new year!

-Chunky-Monkey-
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:26 PM
3 moms liked this

Don't know for sure what we are doing.....all I do know is that this is DH's first NYE off in 4 years.......so whatever we are doing it will be together :)

BL2010
by BL on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:40 PM
3 moms liked this

We usually stay home but this year we're going down to Massachusetts to a cousins house. We'll stay overnight at my sisters place.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, we used to have Oyster and Chili soup with my parents every year not sure where that got started.

I try to stay up and watch the ball drop but sometimes I am tired. If there is a bowl game on we are playing in we watch that.

We don't do anything else differently though.

looneymom424
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:13 PM
2 moms liked this

We dont plan on doing anything this year I have partied in the past and came home crawling..

mom22tumblebugs
by Silver sister on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:20 PM
2 moms liked this

We are spending the evening at the roller rink with the kids. We should get hone around 10:30pm... in time to go to sleep. The neighborhood kids bang on pots at midnight, so if we wake up we kiss each other Happy New Year and go back to sleep. Yea, we are fun like that. ha ha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)