Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

color hair or not to color hair?

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:43 PM
  • 36 Replies
  • 414 Total Views

at this age the grays are starting to show i want to be strong and hold on to my naturual color. for God created me this way. what would you do?

by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1kidmomajm
by Kristy on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:51 PM

I did the wash in stuff and each time it lasted about 3 months as opposed to 10 washes. But maintaining it became a pain. It didnt' cover the gray as much as permanant color may. I just don't have the time or money to keep up. But it was fun for a year or two. But now I have this light on the bottom darker on top thing to grow out!

jesusseesme
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:53 PM

me too i tried the box stuff and didn't like it. now i'm two toned.growing it out.

Quoting 1kidmomajm:

I did the wash in stuff and each time it lasted about 3 months as opposed to 10 washes. But maintaining it became a pain. It didnt' cover the gray as much as permanant color may. I just don't have the time or money to keep up. But it was fun for a year or two. But now I have this light on the bottom darker on top thing to grow out!

1kidmomajm
by Kristy on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I liked mine, but it just became tedious! 

Quoting jesusseesme:

me too i tried the box stuff and didn't like it. now i'm two toned.growing it out.

Quoting 1kidmomajm:

lucky2Beeme
by Silver sister on Jan. 4, 2014 at 3:11 PM

color not many women can pull off gray.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Jan. 4, 2014 at 3:15 PM
I plan to color as long as I can
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jan. 4, 2014 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Going gray is also a natural process... I don't dye mine...

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Jan. 4, 2014 at 3:23 PM

I just colored mine yesterday I don't like those little gray hairs that pop up. Although I haven't found a store bought box that covers it all and stays that way.I can't afford salons either.

Kel13lighthouse
Got another busy work day, Thurs. Watching a show than heading to bed.
Yesterday at 9:36 PM
by Lighthousegal on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

At age 44 I'm still not ready for the grey. I color once every other month with Natural Instincts and try to keep it close to my natural color. 

jesusseesme
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:08 PM

does yours turn orange? mine did. not like!haha

Quoting Kel13lighthouse:

At age 44 I'm still not ready for the grey. I color once every other month with Natural Instincts and try to keep it close to my natural color. 

Kel13lighthouse
Got another busy work day, Thurs. Watching a show than heading to bed.
Yesterday at 9:36 PM
by Lighthousegal on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Ahh, no. Never has. 

Quoting jesusseesme:

does yours turn orange? mine did. not like!haha

Quoting Kel13lighthouse:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)