Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

color hair or not to color hair?

Posted by   + Show Post

at this age the grays are starting to show i want to be strong and hold on to my naturual color. for God created me this way. what would you do?

by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
momaof8
by Sister on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:02 AM

I have friends who assumed I hadnt gone grey yet and I do it at home but always my natural color

anchorgurl
by Bronze sister on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I color.  I took a photo of me as a kid (about 3 years old) to my stylist and she did a fabulous job of matching the blonde.  I can't imagine going back.

bhow
by Silver sister on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:16 AM

demi permanent, deposit only low level 0, 5 or 10 volume, keeps my hair shiny and soft. I only use Redken.

PinkDragonFly
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:24 AM

that's the style it's called the peek boo or ombre...  :)

Quoting 1kidmomajm:

I did the wash in stuff and each time it lasted about 3 months as opposed to 10 washes. But maintaining it became a pain. It didnt' cover the gray as much as permanant color may. I just don't have the time or money to keep up. But it was fun for a year or two. But now I have this light on the bottom darker on top thing to grow out!

SharonRevenge(ABC TV) join today

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118222.     http://www.cafemom.com/group/119263       check out our lips are sealed

Purplepanda170
by Sister on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Color definitely.  I know I do and it makes me feel better. (Looks better too)

Jobsmom3
by Sister on Jan. 5, 2014 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I think It's a personal decision. I personally color my hair & can't imagine ever stopping. As long as you feel beautiful! That's all that matters!

connie45
by Sister on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:05 PM
So you don't pluck your eyebrows, shave your unwanted hair or wear a bra? Isn't that too how God created you?

Ridiculous.
RoseWall
by RoseWall on Jan. 5, 2014 at 2:03 PM

go gray.

its the natural progession of age.

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Jan. 5, 2014 at 2:04 PM

get an awesome updated haircut. and splurge on some hair products that are known to work. top of the line stuff. not that good stuff has to cost much. but heck one splurge in your lifetime is well deserved.

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Jan. 5, 2014 at 2:37 PM
God gave my mom the most loveliest of silver when herhair turned! However God gave me 50 shades of ugly gray, it sticks straight up and i feel like alfalfa on the our gang team! So i use the root touch up every other 6 weeks and sometimes sooner as it comes out of now where! and alternate that with the permante dye i guess i think that is a little easier on my hair, i had some bald spots from lupus so i try to go easy on my hair i have left!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)