Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

color hair or not to color hair?

Posted by   + Show Post

at this age the grays are starting to show i want to be strong and hold on to my naturual color. for God created me this way. what would you do?

by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Replies (31-36):
puritydoll
by Bronze sister on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:47 PM

I've been dyeing mine for 20+ years....I like having grey hair because now I don't have to bleach it!
(I started getting white hairs in my 30's) 

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Ooo girl, I'm the wrong person to ask.  I started coloring my hair when I was 17 years old and I'm 47 now. 

And I say God gave me my beauty, so I damn well better maintain it.  LOL

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:26 AM

Quoting secondcup5:

I will color and highlight as long as there is money in the bank! lol........I will not age gracefully but with a fight!

Me, too, Carol! My feelings exactly!! sexy

jett286
by BrewMisstress on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:02 AM

This is me too....I used to be a red head, but after a while I decided to get back closer to my natural color...I am about to go a bit darker this next time around...I found a great stylist that isn't too pricey and have been seeing her for 10 years....

Quoting GoddessJohnnie:

Ooo girl, I'm the wrong person to ask.  I started coloring my hair when I was 17 years old and I'm 47 now. 

And I say God gave me my beauty, so I damn well better maintain it.  LOL

Jeanette

"Love is a fabric that never fades, no matter how often it is washed in the waters of adversity and grief". -- Anon.
jesusseesme
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:06 AM

thank you all for your advice.

1kidmomajm
by Kristy on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Yeah, I've seen that. Mine is suttle. It looks good on some people. But I think it just became a trend to cover up the fact that people haven't made it back to the hair salon on time.

Quoting PinkDragonFly:

that's the style it's called the peek boo or ombre...  :)

Quoting 1kidmomajm:

I did the wash in stuff and each time it lasted about 3 months as opposed to 10 washes. But maintaining it became a pain. It didnt' cover the gray as much as permanant color may. I just don't have the time or money to keep up. But it was fun for a year or two. But now I have this light on the bottom darker on top thing to grow out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)