Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In this Winter blast animals are being left outdoors...

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:27 AM
  • 26 Replies
  • 325 Total Views

I just saw on the news how many people are being fine for leaving their animals outside and most froze to death. One man had his dog chained to a fence with no shelter and no food or water..

I have 3 dogs and 3 cats and they were in under blankets here and my daughter has 3 dogs which one is a outside dog but he came in with these dropping temps (he was uncomfortable but glad he was inside).

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carmen66
by Carmen - Hot Latina on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:29 AM

Thats horrible, i dont have pets but i sure would not let them be out there in this freezing weather.

PinkDragonFly
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:32 AM

not my spoiled puppy!

PinkDragonFly
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:33 AM

IN the summer too!  my friend did this to her dog in the summer, it took her neighbor to tell her that her dog had died out in the heat, and it was a few days too! :(

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Great reminder, Dana. My dh told stories of two dogs freezing to death when he was a boy in Michigan and it scarred him for life that his folks wouldn't let them inside.

PinkDragonFly
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

my dog went out did what she had to do and came right back in, she even wore her sweater outside! 

Quoting Carmen66:

Thats horrible, i dont have pets but i sure would not let them be out there in this freezing weather.

SharonRevenge(ABC TV) join today

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118222.     http://www.cafemom.com/group/119263       check out our lips are sealed

Carmen66
by Carmen - Hot Latina on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:03 AM

awww..

Quoting PinkDragonFly:

my dog went out did what she had to do and came right back in, she even wore her sweater outside! 

Quoting Carmen66:

momofsixangels
by Platinum sister on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Good! They should be fined! Animals have feelings too and deserve to be treated right.They should make those that do that to them stay outside in the cold with no shelter

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:21 AM

I had to mute the news this am after hearing about that dog... ugh..  my mom has 2 outside dogs but they bring them in at night even tho they have dog houses...it's just the right thing to do...

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Im not a dog person but I think its ignorant for people to do this ugh!!! It makes me sick!!!!  

Stephw1110
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:39 AM

I have always said if you can't or won't bring your pets indoors in bad weather or pay for them to go somewhere else, why have a pet.  It was so cold here a friend of mine lost her horse in the cold and she did everything she could but the horse was older and it's hard in then when it's a wind chill of -50.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)