Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

~**Blame it on Someone Else Day**~ DEBATE

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 5:09 AM
  • 63 Replies
  • 846 Total Views

This is your chance to blame someone else...anyone else! The only rule is NO BASHING. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

It seems everyone has an opinion about bullying...but who's REALLY to blame?Why do you think that? Should the blame lay on the parents? Society? Teachers or school officials? 

Who do YOU blame? 

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 5:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Do we have to do bullying?

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:38 AM

I cant blame anyone for what might have ever happen because the only one to blame is ... me! I have the power to change any situation and if I dont and allow myself to blame society for my misgivens or whats going on then I need to express myself and voice my concerns and opinions.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this

BUT on the fun side of this post I can blame folgers for not being in my cup this morning because I forgot to get coffee yesterday...

jjames1990
by Sister on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:43 AM
I was a bully all through school and maybe a bit in early adulthood. I dont think its easy to blame kne person.

My parents should have controlled me and saw that I had problems. (However I was in 13 foster homes)

I should have realized that making someone else feel bad was wrong.

The parents of the children I bullied could have looked for signs and been more involved.

The kids could have stood up to me, but never did.
catloveralways
by SpitFire :) on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:03 AM

For  bullying  i  blame  the  system;

In  everyday  life  I  blame Hubby! LOL

Micawife
by Bronze sister on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:09 AM

That is a hard one to place the blame for. My MIL and FIL were some of the sweetest people I ever met, yet their daughter (1 of 4 kids) is STILL a big bully at 53, yet the other 3 don't bully at all. I think it has a lot to do with how people feel about themselves.

coolmommy2x
by Silver sister on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I blame my parents for doing everything for me when I was growing up. Until I got married I never had to clean, cook or do laundry. While I do a mean load of laundry, my other domestic skills are sorely lacking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KW1280
by Silver sister on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:38 AM
I honestly wholeheartedly take responsibility for my action and life. I don't blame my mom because as an adult we are capable of making positive choices and learn skills that we lack. I don't blame society for my children's behavior because I need to be their biggest influence. If my children choose not to listen to my instructions then it is on them. I also believe it is nvr too late to make positive changes.

As far as bullying I think the bully is to blame, they made a conscious decision to torment another student.
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I was the defender of the bullied all through school. In my early years I'd fight at school frequently. But I fought the bullies. I had a soft spot for the weaker kids that wouldn't stand up to them. As for blame, bullies have been around since the beginning of time. Even back when parents could and would spank their children. I think it's just part of some people's persona... I do think all parents should be involved though. The parents of the bully as well as the bullied.... And if it is going on at school, the school system should also be involved. 

But let's face it, this is not a new situation and not one that is going away... It is just different now days due to texting and social media.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:25 AM

I blame My EX!!!!!!!! For making me be so insecure with myself!!!! After 14 years I am still working on it! But till this day I am not a person who takes compliments very well! But some good came out of it cause It has made me stronger in other areas!!!

And I blame Vickey Momma Dana for wanting to make me do bad things in this group, Lol!!!!!!! ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)