Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Manic Monday Chat 1/13

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:43 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 254 Total Views

Morning sisters!!

I hope you all had a GREAT weekend!!

Let's grab our beverage of choice and chat this morning... drinking

How was your weekend?

Do you put decorations up for Valentines day? holding balloons

Have a GREAT Manic Monday~~~

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjames1990
by Sister on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:46 AM
Weekend was great. Today is my first day of retirement. (42, illness reasons) I spent the weekend brainstorming, organizing and figuring out a way to not only just live om DH's pay, but save money. It was exciting and fun.

And here it is almost 7am and I am still in bed. Woo hoo!
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:50 AM

I hope you share some of the ides and tips on how to save money on one income..

7am and still in bed Good for you!! :)

Quoting jjames1990: Weekend was great. Today is my first day of retirement. (42, illness reasons) I spent the weekend brainstorming, organizing and figuring out a way to not only just live om DH's pay, but save money. It was exciting and fun.

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

jjames1990
by Sister on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:52 AM
I have found some great ideas that may be a little extreme for some but I will post later.

Quoting dana63:

I hope you share some of the ides and tips on how to save money on one income..

7am and still in bed Good for you!! :)

Quoting jjames1990: Weekend was great. Today is my first day of retirement. (42, illness reasons) I spent the weekend brainstorming, organizing and figuring out a way to not only just live om DH's pay, but save money. It was exciting and fun.

Manth
by Manth on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Weekend was good - we just did the Usual Stuff.  Kids were off on a Doctor Who trivia competition, which turned into a Pool Party.  It was pretty warm that day - 36C, about 97F - so the Pool was a welcome relief.

We're in the middle of a Heat Wave at the moment which is making things a bit uncomfortable.  - 42C today and tomorrow (107F), 43C Wednesday and Thursday (109F) and 40C (104F) Friday.  Hopefully they are right about the cool change coming through Friday evening that should drop things back to 28C (82 F) for Saturday.  Normally I do my banking and grocery shopping on Fridays but I think this week I'll leave it to Saturday.  The Credit Union is open Saturday mornings (9 - 12) so I can get my banking out of the way then and shop in comfort.  I'll probably have to walk there rather than getting a lift one way (DH usually drops me off on the way to work Fridays) but I'd rather walk both ways Saturday than one way Friday this week!  We have air conditioning at home so that's been running flat-chat for the past few days and I doubt it will be turned off at all this week since it's even hot at night.  We put in a new system a few years ago and it runs pretty well even over days on end.

Having 3 teens rather than 2 is also working out.  Lewis will be us until Sunday morning, giving him a break from his parents and them a break from him!  Summers are long and teens are good at causing a ruckus.  Fortunately Lewis and Ishtar get along like a house afire so they've been keeping one another entertained for the past week and have some more activities planned for this week.

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:15 AM

good morning, weekend was great. Did some cleaning and then bingo night on Sunday at my sisters.

I don't put up anything for Valentines Day.

ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:35 AM
Weekend was great :) worked sat and then Sunday we took the kids to see frozen such a cute movie I loved it !!!
We do not decorate for valentines since I have all boys they are not really into the whole valentins day thing

Have a great day ladies
ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:36 AM
Someone wanna pass some mt dew this way I need some go go juice

Thanks
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Yesterday was good. Got up planning to have a relaxing day, and ended up being on the road all day... Lol... But we got some things accomplished... Yay!

Today is gonna be a busy day at work. We have some projects to work on between customers...

marcy3girls
by Sister on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:32 AM
The weekend was busy. Saturday was shopping and final details for my daughter's baby shower Sunday. Sunday' s baby shower was fun-filled and tiring!! Number 3 almost here!!!
wenuck
by Moonshine on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Good Morning! Good weekend! Rough around the edges alittle but will get through it! I do not decorate for Valentines.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)