Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Did I over react

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:02 PM
  • 31 Replies
  • 436 Total Views

Poll

Question: what should I have done

Options:

Said nothing?

I did the right thing?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 33

View Results

Ladies I have a question and please be honest.  K had his 2 year check up today and he had a new nurse.  His previous nurse is terminally ill and will be missed.   I digress,  Before the doctor comes in the nurse takes his vitals and ask questions about his development.  K is onpoint and has reached all his milestones on or ahead of time.  While we were in there K was sitting on the floor quietly playing w/ his firetuck not making a sound.  So the nurse asked me could he talk and I said yes, well she made a face like yeah whatever.  So I said what's up with the face.  She rolled her eyes and said" Well he hasn't talked the whole time we were in here."  I explained to her that he has to be comfortable around a person in order for him to talk to that person.  So she said "It is ok to ask for help." I said no help is needed.  Then she started talking slowly to me saying " Talking    means  that  other  people can  understand   him  not  just you."  We have a speech pathologist.  I know the speech therapist and pathologist when K had a feeding tube.  I told her I no longer wish to speak to her.  K's ped. came in and asked what happened and I told her.   She was upset and called the nurse back in and said you will be reassigned to another doctor.  On the way out I heard her saying you can't help people and I complained and got her replaced.  Apparently she complained to K's doctor because she asked me what happened.  Poll included

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Connie04
by Sister on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this
The nurse seemed to have a bad attitude for whatever reason and you shouldn't have to deal with that. She was rude and pushy and if she did think there was an issue, she needs to approach the parent in a more gentle, positive way. She was out of line.
KW1280
by Silver sister on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:23 PM
I am still pissed.

I was like he is 23 months what do you want him to say

Quoting Connie04: The nurse seemed to have a bad attitude for whatever reason and you shouldn't have to deal with that. She was rude and pushy and if she did think there was an issue, she needs to approach the parent in a more gentle, positive way. She was out of line.
Connie04
by Sister on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:28 PM
I would be, too. It was like she thought she knew your child better than you and didn't want to hear what you had to say. No need for her to be like that.

Quoting KW1280: I am still pissed.

I was like he is 23 months what do you want him to say

Quoting Connie04: The nurse seemed to have a bad attitude for whatever reason and you shouldn't have to deal with that. She was rude and pushy and if she did think there was an issue, she needs to approach the parent in a more gentle, positive way. She was out of line.
ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:45 PM

I am confused you have to get a new doctor or the nurse has to go with another doc ?? was the doc takinthe nurses side or your side 

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:18 PM

I can't even begin to see the nurse's side of things. You were definitely right in my opinion.

KW1280
by Silver sister on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:23 PM
The nurse had to go w/ another doctor she took my side ( the doctor)

Quoting ChellBell2013:

I am confused you have to get a new doctor or the nurse has to go with another doc ?? was the doc takinthe nurses side or your side 

KW1280
by Silver sister on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Christine I was so mad, to be honest I am just getting over it.

Once K knows you, you can't get him to be quiet.

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

I can't even begin to see the nurse's side of things. You were definitely right in my opinion.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:00 AM

wow... what nerve...hugs

KW1280
by Silver sister on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Thank you sweetie

Quoting starlight1968:

wow... what nerve...hugs

Momofmenagerie
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Doc asked you what happened. . You told them. That isn't overreacting , that's answering the question. What doc decided to do with your account of the interaction is in no way your fault.

( and the nurse needs better sensitivity training .... Rolling your eyes at a parent ? Really? She's an idiot)

Be thankful she won't be in your room on the next visit. Good doc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN