Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

How on EARTH did he get it in???

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:59 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 255 Total Views

No no...it's not what you think! A mattress IS involved but not how you think. I bought a new set of bunkbeds for my son. It's a twin over a full. I had to order a new mattress for the full portion since his last bunkbed was a twin over a twin.

The mattress came and it was in this SMALL box. I looked at it and thought "What the heck did I order?!!!" I thought for SURE I ordered a full 8 inch deep inner spring mattress but this box looked to be one that held just a memory foam topper or something. My DH opened the box and pull it out...slowly it started to unfold....after a minute or two...I yelled for him to quickly help me get it upstairs because if it completely opened we would struggle with it. We grabbed it and as quickly as we could got it up the stairs and just as we hit the top...it popped open. 

It is indeed a full size inner spring mattress!!! I'm still amazed!!!! How did they get this thing in a small box? The box was only about 3' high...a foot and a half feet wide and a foot and a half feet deep.

by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:02 AM

Another Mystery of life we can't explain some times.Makes me laugh thinking what all you had to do to get it upstairs though. Thanks

catloveralways
Merry Christmas
Yesterday at 11:11 AM
by SpitFire :) on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:33 AM
2 moms liked this

They  probaly  shrunk wraped or packed it.  I  am  picturing  it  and laughing. Thats one for AFV. [america's funniest videos.   LOL

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:43 AM

I'm sure it was a sight to behold. It was neither light or flexible! It was folder but by the time I realized what has happening it was only in half. Oh...and our stairs are split. You go up 10...there is a small landing and a corner (AND A DOOR) and then you go up 5 more.

Yes Barb it was shrink wrapped but my goodness!!! What a sucker they must have had to pull together all the inner springs and hold!

babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Now Vickey when I read the title I blushed and thought wow ...lol....I often wonder how such big items are put in small boxes....lol. take pictures of the new bed!!
wenuck
by Moonshine on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmmmmm The title got me Lol!!!

Its amazing how big things fit in small Packages  ;)

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:01 AM
Hmmm, NOW that's interesting, lol. What came to mind was what Wenuck said,
BL2010
by BL on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:21 AM

lol.. wow....

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:31 PM

abracadabra...lol

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Wish I could have seen it... I will tell you.... I would have laughed and laughed and laughed!  

Only because we had a similar experience with a mattress topper... Lol... 

wildchild.com
by Janine on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:21 PM
Lol I bought one of these for my son too. It was amazing how they packaged it & when it opens up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN