Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Question

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:31 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 167 Total Views

Do  you  have  a  Friend  or  Neighbor   that  can  be  a  real  PITA ?

How  do  you  handle  them?

by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:33 PM

I did...and ignored them. They even went to the town judge to tell me I couldn't mow part of the lawn because it was theirs. I guess maintaining part of the lawn where our properties joined was a no no...lol.

We have eventually over the years become cordial. It was really just a misunderstanding because there are no property borders here.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope. We have great nrighbors... We all kinda stick to ourselves, but are there for each other if we need anything.

BL2010
by BL on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Neighbors, no. We really don't know our neighbors well enough for them to be PITA's. And friends aren't PITA's to me, if they were, they'd know about it and if they didn't change then we're not really friends.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

No I dont I get along with my neighbors, Even out here in the boonies! Even when I lived in the City I tried to get along with everybody. I guess alot of yous can tell I'm not hard to get along with! Now you cross my line I will tell you =)

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:22 PM

nah, we are actually happy with our neighbors... all pretty quite for an apt. complex lol :)

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Omg! We have a guy next door who dumps gas down the drainage area, dont clean up after his dogs, pull his weeds ( i am talkings size of feet weeds) he has duis and lost his job, and has no more benifits left! We have called the city on the weeds ( and othe neighbors have also) and with the fog smell it was really bad you couldnt go out side, three yrs ago the privacy fence on his side fell down and his yard is beyond a eyesore! We ignore him fences make better neighbors!
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Yes I do. We have a mentally disabled couple who can be real PITA's. The guy was spraying our dog on our porch who stayed in our yard. Once he actually sprayed the cat who was sitting in dd's open window and water came in. My dh told the guy if it happened again, he would cut his hose to pieces. The guy also accused us of dumping cigarette butts by his garage, which of course we did not do. You just gotta wonder what goes through people's minds sometimes.

JTE11
by Bronze sister on Jan. 15, 2014 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

No, we don't really have neighbors. You'd have to use binoculars to see our neighbors on one side (and they are my in-laws and luckily very nice) and the other side is an orchard and B&B and a sort of center where people have wedding receptions and things in the summer. They are decent and quiet people.  As for friends, if a friend was truly a PITA I don't think she'd be a friend for long. We did have some odd neighbors at the last place we lived but they didn't give us a lot of trouble personally; they just liked to get stinking drunk and fight with each other on the lawn for hours on Saturday night. We were awake late at night anyway so it was more entertainment than annoyance, though. They started throwing their beer bottles into our yard at one point but I bagged them up and took them over and gave them to one of the guys who lived there (they were a bunch of single 20 something guys) and it never happened again.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Jan. 15, 2014 at 5:52 PM

I have a neighbor girl who can be a real PITA. She can come here early in the morning and stay until dark. I have tried everything to get her to go home some days but apparently she loves it here.

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Jan. 15, 2014 at 6:07 PM

NO, I like our neighbors and all my friends are pretty good about not being a PITA..

now family...sometimes that's a different story! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)