Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nail polish

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 6:09 PM
  • 35 Replies
  • 409 Total Views
How often do you paint your nails?

What brand do you like that lasts the longest?
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jan. 23, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Welcome. I hardly ever wear any. And I have found NO brand that lasts... LOL

jett286
by BrewMisstress on Jan. 23, 2014 at 6:42 PM

I've stopped doing my nails at home.  I will get them done from time to time (around holidays or special occassions)..I pay the extra for the Schalack (sp) polish that lasts 10 days to 3 weeks without chipping, and I am a cook.  My hands are always in food or water...I had them done for Thanksgiving and then had them done again for Christmas/New Years.  I'll get them done again probably for St. Patricks day....

Analeigh2012
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:03 PM
2 moms liked this
I get mine done every 5-6 weeks. I get the shellac because I am hard on nails. Typically my hands are in a French manicure but with shorter length and oval filed - I don't like square. I go every other month for pedicures and like to go with a sexy red and occasionally a fun design - I have snowflakes on my big toes now for winter. In September I wear teal color only on both toes and nails in support of and to raise awareness for ovarian cancer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:22 PM
2 moms liked this

I have been painting my own nails since forever, I only wear white, well actually its called pearl and its lasts 2 weeks. The brand is Revlon

Maida265
by Vickey on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:22 PM

I don't. I have ugly nails and have my hands in water so much that it wouldn't pay to paint them.

Do you have a preference? Do you paint your nails often?

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:35 PM

I don't/can't paint mine due to where I work. But when I did I never found any that did work and last. How about you? Welcome to the group

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:39 PM
I can't either due to my job.
cindylou15
by New sister on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Because I wash my hands all the time at work my polish doesn't last very long.

Right now I use orly from sallys..I can get 7 days out of it...but I'm wondering if the gel polish is worth the cost. .

I hate waiting for them to dry :-(

Quoting Maida265:

I don't. I have ugly nails and have my hands in water so much that it wouldn't pay to paint them.

Do you have a preference? Do you paint your nails often?

cindylou15
by New sister on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:50 PM
I can wear polish as long as there are no chips. I'm getting a week out of orly from sallys. I'm curious about the gel polish though. I hate waiting for them to dry

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

I don't/can't paint mine due to where I work. But when I did I never found any that did work and last. How about you? Welcome to the group

lucky2Beeme
by Gold sister on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:51 PM

I have acrylics I get them done every 2 weeks. I only use OPI

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN