Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

First snow here IN YEARS!! :-0

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:15 AM
  • 57 Replies
  • 710 Total Views
1 mom liked this

HMMM....

Why is it that the only day in years that it snows happens TODAY, RIGHT NOW? lolol...

I am a Florida beach baby, and have no idea how to drive in this sort of weather! But, I have to go to Sams, a dr appt, take youngest to one interview at 1, another at 3:15, and in between I have to pick up dog food and a few groceries.

Damn, what is it with the culture of procrastination that I so love to play in?? 

Oh well. Do the best I can, I guess, right?

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wenuck
by Moonshine on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:20 AM

I could not believe How this weather is this year hitting States that haven't ever seen it or hit States who haven't seen it in YEARS!!!

Just be cautious,drive slow and keep your eyes moving constatly! Be Safe dear!!

Beachdeprived
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry...don't take this the wrong way but are you wanting sympathy? LOL!!! One day of snow??? UGH!!!  Suck is up sister....no whining about your one day of snow! I will gladly trade you your one day for our several days and more to come! :) Of course I am giving you trouble but seriously, be safe driving. Just go slow...take your time and let the other morons pass you if they feel like going too fast for conditions!

ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I think mother nature decided we had so many mild
Winters its time for snow and cold snap for
The whole USA
Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:28 AM
4 moms liked this

Mother nature is one cold hearted bitch this winter!!!

oceanflowergrl8
by Sister on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Thx for the encouragement, girl! 

And I will seriously be driving slow! lol....

Quoting wenuck:

I could not believe How this weather is this year hitting States that haven't ever seen it or hit States who haven't seen it in YEARS!!!

Just be cautious,drive slow and keep your eyes moving constatly! Be Safe dear!!

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Be safe...

oceanflowergrl8
by Sister on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Hmmm...you must be one of those who gets a lot of snow? lol..

No, dear, I am not wanting sympathy! And I am not whining either, but thx for asking! And maybe a reminder is needed here.

Not everyone is used to snow. I had never even seen snow until I was almost 30! If you grew up with it, and/or are used to it, then cool.

But, many of us get a little concerned when we aren't used to it, have little experience driving in it, etc. 

I was simply sharing my day...that's all.

And, you can bet I will go slow and let all the morons GO AROUND ME!! heheheheh..

Have a great day!

Quoting Beachdeprived:

I'm sorry...don't take this the wrong way but are you wanting sympathy? LOL!!! One day of snow??? UGH!!!  Suck is up sister....no whining about your one day of snow! I will gladly trade you your one day for our several days and more to come! :) Of course I am giving you trouble but seriously, be safe driving. Just go slow...take your time and let the other morons pass you if they feel like going too fast for conditions!

oceanflowergrl8
by Sister on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Chelle,

I know, right? lol....

Just be sure you are taking care of yourself and let yourself have time to heal completely! 

Quoting ChellBell2013: I think mother nature decided we had so many mild
Winters its time for snow and cold snap for
The whole USA

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Please be careful. I am from IL, and am accustomed to this crazy weather. Although I don't drive. Bundle up and be safe!

oceanflowergrl8
by Sister on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:40 AM

lol...you think?

I've always heard that I would eventually acclimate if I lived in a cold place, but currently do not own much Patagonia, North Face, or Uggs! 

Unless I'm forced, I will just go out and enjoy the beautiful scenery, drive slow, and get done what I need to accomplish today. 

And hopefully make it back home! lol....

Quoting Carmen66:

Mother nature is one cold hearted bitch this winter!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)