Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Older Moms Of Little Ones

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:24 PM
  • 34 Replies
  • 406 Total Views

Are there any Moms on here 40 or older with "little" ones. Like newborn to 5? I have been feeling so depressed lately...seems like every snotty remark about "older" moms is said in my presence, whether intentional or not...it hurts. I married my husband 11 years ago and he was 11 years younger than me. Than in itself set me up for "the whisper." But I looked good and I was soooo young feeling and happy. I thought marrying this younger, virile guy would assure quick offspring...LOL. God had another idea and seven years later and after several doctors we had a beautiful daughter who is now 3...lately people just say such nasty things and I am quick to say. "Hey I'm that older mom." Just wondered if anyone felt like that... Like people judge.

by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
connie45
by Sister on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I was older-ish when I had my girls. I,did not marry until I was 34 and my husband 40. I thought "hey Im catholic and hispanic... having,a baby will be a breeze. Not.
It took 5 years. Multiple miscarriages and high risk,pre natal care. I had my older girl when,I was 39 and my little one when I was 43.
Iam now 51. I truly do not care what other parents think., Age should bring with it a clarity and maturity to weed out the villager and focus on what,you've tried so hard for and achieved, your,family.
connie45
by Sister on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Correction: it,should say "weed out the BULLSHIT".

Freakin phone. Sorry.
GE1
by Bronze sister on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Hi I'm Helen and I'm an older mom. I am 46 with a 2 year old son. There are many of us older moms here on CM

Numama72
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmm, I think its becoming more common for women in their 40's to have babies. I haven't had any rude comments....yet...I'm 5 years older than my wonderful dh, expecting our first at the end of March...and I'm 41:) I don't pay attention to those who judge..so, I guess I wouldn't spend the energy on it I'd I were you :) Just stay focused on the positives like your beautiful little girl..blessings! :)

Quoting CamsThriftyMom:

Are there any Moms on here 40 or older with "little" ones. Like newborn to 5? I have been feeling so depressed lately...seems like every snotty remark about "older" moms is said in my presence, whether intentional or not...it hurts. I married my husband 11 years ago and he was 11 years younger than me. Than in itself set me up for "the whisper." But I looked good and I was soooo young feeling and happy. I thought marrying this younger, virile guy would assure quick offspring...LOL. God had another idea and seven years later and after several doctors we had a beautiful daughter who is now 3...lately people just say such nasty things and I am quick to say. "Hey I'm that older mom." Just wondered if anyone felt like that... Like people judge.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Hello there! Welcome to the group!
I am 42 and my little on will be 3. When hubby and I were planning to have her yes I had a lot of remarks but you know what I don't care! No reason to get upset over it. Not worth it there is a few women here who had or have kids after 35. Its just a number to me I feel good and I'm happy who cares what anybody thinks!
Hugs! =)
LadyAmaranth
by Amaranth on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:41 PM

My youngest just turned 6(I'm 41). So I've had a few stares and lots of feeling awkward cuz I'm the oldest mom around.

~Amaranth Dhanya~

Mama to 3 Joyfully Chaotic boys

Widow to my Crazy Chicken(4-8-13)....Always My Love

samomama
by Ms. Fair Weather on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Hi and welcome!

What nasty things people say? That is terrible! I had my one and only son at 37, now he's 2.5. I haven't encountered derogatory comments yet though. I hate when people don't look after their business and hurt other people! Hugs!

mom2boys664
by Sister on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:43 PM
I am 42 with kids 8,7 & 5. I actually have a lot of friends my age or older with young kids. I love that I am an older mom, and honestly I have never had anyone say anything negative. I'm sorry your down - maybe find a group of moms your age near you?
Manth
by Manth on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:44 PM

While I wasn't THAT old when I had my kids (early 30s), in the area where I live I was the age of most grandparents.  Average age of first pregnancy here is **15** and when that's happened for a couple of generations, you get 30 year old grandparents. When I used to take them to school, I'd be asked if my 'daughter' was working and was that why I was bringing my grandchildren to school. When I pointed out that my eldest was 5, many were shocked - they assumed I was in the same position they were in, looking after their grandchildren for their working children.

So I get what you're saying about being the 'older' mother! It's frustrating but you can't change other people's perceptions. Just go ahead and enjoy your daughter. They grow up WAY too quickly!

michelle623
by Shell on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:50 PM

I'm 41  and have 4 girls ages 21, 15, 9, 2 and 7 Angel babies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)