Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

when people hurt my kids

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 3:03 AM
  • 20 Replies
  • 303 Total Views
1 mom liked this
One of the worst things about being a parent is dealing with your children's hurt feelings when they are lied to or mistreated in life. My kids are in college but whether they were overlooked by a classmate or friend as a 5 year old or as young adults they find that someone has lied to them and played them for a fool. I know it is a growing lesson in life and my job is to help them learn how to handle these situations and I do, but I swear as their mother what I really want to do is track down the person who hurt my kid and beat them to a bloody pulp! Not hunting them down and being the better person is one of the hardest things as a parent that I do.
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 3:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Feb. 2, 2014 at 4:57 AM

I'm right there with you sister!!! I hate it when my kids hurt and I think it's a mother's natural instinct to go on the hunt.

DreamWeaver669
COME JOIN THE HORROR LADIES...EVERY ONE WELCOME
Yesterday at 6:43 AM
THE DARK REALM OF HORROR. Group - CafeMom

A HORROR GROUP LIKE NO OTHER!....COME JOIN THE HORROR LADIES!...NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH!

by Silver sister on Feb. 2, 2014 at 6:09 AM

Its a mothers instinct and right to defend her young

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 2, 2014 at 7:16 AM

I agree and had this same conversation a few days ago. YOu can lie to me all you want because I can see through the lie but when you lie to my kids (even my older one) I will not tolerate it. My 8 year was lied to not to long ago and I wanted to snap the head off the one who did it.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:49 AM
True!! It hurts so bad to see my kids hurt!!
StephanieSH
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:55 AM
I know. I struggle with this. It can be so painful.
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree but everyone has to have hurt to grow and live in the real world. Sheltered kids have a hard time in dealing with teenage and adult life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:59 AM

I think I know what you mean. It's instinctive to protect our children, no matter what age they are.

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM

I agree; particularly with my little ones. I am all for my kids being able to defend themselves, and not worry about suspension, if physically attacked.

lucky2Beeme
by Group Admin on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with all the above posters. I think the most heart breaking scenario is when a parent lies to them. I don't mean like about Santa. I mean yes I will do this , yes I will get you that then never comes through.

Micawife
by Bronze sister on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:04 AM

I know what you mean!! I am dealing with that right now. The sad part is, it is my DH's sister and niece. My heart hurts for DH and DD because of this last stunt they have pulled, and all I want to do is rip them to pieces.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN