Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fragrance Suggestions

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:00 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 299 Total Views

Hi Ladies,

I was hoping you might be able to come up with some fragrance suggestions. My husband really wants to buy me some perfume or cologne for Valentine's Day. I ran out of the stuff I wear around Thanksgiving and he wanted to get me something new for Christmas. Well, I went looking three different times and came home with a raging headache. I've become super sensitive to smells the last 4 months. It's worse than when I was pregnant. I think I may be entering peri-menopause( I'm almost 43). I did find one option by Philosophy that had a "clean" smell that didn't make me sick. My husband has requested three different options and then he would pick which one he liked.

I've told him I really don't need a present but he always looks at me like I'm hurting his feelings. I don't really want chocolates since I need to lose about 80lbs and I've been able to maintain some will power. I have drawers full of jewelry I don't wear. I have mild cerebral palsy and can't really put it on. I do wear it on the weekends when he can help me. I apologize for chattering on and getting away from my original request. Thanks so much!

Jennifer

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BoopBettyBoop
by Sister on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:05 PM

What about a spa day c"oupon" instead of perfume?

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sensative to perfumes and also on a diet. So I understand. For my birthday hubby got me fuzzy socks and a coupon for a pamper day. It was perfect

jennfin
by Sister on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:18 PM

I like those ideas. Didn't even think of that :)..I appreciate the help.

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Fuzzy socks are nice! And a day at the spa is a plus =)
I love both ideas!
FlyingMommy747
by Silver sister on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I am also super sensitive, and I absolutely love Elizabeth Arden's Provacitive Woman, I've been wearing it for years.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:57 PM

I'm sorta sensitive to perfumes but I tend to stick to Obsession and Jean Nate..yeah old school LOL

lucy164
by Sister on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Calvin Klein...... Truth

katie314
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you smelled Victoria's secret sexy little things noir? Its a light clean scent. It comes in a body mist, that can be a lot easier to handle for those sensitive than perfume is.
MethuenMom
by Bronze sister on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:39 PM

I can't believe I'm about to put this out in the universe but Britney Spears Fantasy is awesome!  It's so light and refreshing. I can't tell you how embarrassed I get when people ask me what I'm wearing....LOL

jennfin
by Sister on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Thank you ladies for your help. I'm going to give my husband all of your suggestions. I'll keep you posted :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)