Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

This got me thinking....

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:30 PM
  • 26 Replies
  • 401 Total Views

I have an old grade school friend that I have reconnected with on FB. Recently, her best friend had been diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. (both their names are Lori). I have watched Lori (grade school friend) support her friend 100% throughout her journey from diagnosis to double mastectomy. Lori has sat with her through chemo, went wig shopping, took her to appointments, waited while she had her double mastectomy and has even held a fundraiser to help her pay medical bills. It's been amazing and inspiring. But it got me to wondering...if that happened to ME, do I have a friend who would be there for me like that?? And sadly, the ONLY person I could think of was my husband. Not ONE of my girlfriends would do it. They are all so busy with their own lives and we have grown so far apart that I don't believe they would. And to be honest, it made me very sad. Don't get me wrong, I KNOW that my husband would be the one and he IS my best friend, but I miss having those girlfriend bonds.

Do any of YOU have that friend you can count on 100% in times of crisis or need?

in loveGina

by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyAmaranth
by Amaranth on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I was there like that for my husband til the end. 

Right now I think my mom would be the only true support I'd have and that makes me sad cuz she has enough on her plate.

All my friends have started leaving me when I counted on them for support after Dan died a few months ago. I realize we all have lives that need tending to but I thought my friends would be around longer but now they've moved away, blowing me off, etc.

So mom it would be but I'd do everything possible to not be a big burden on her.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't have IRL girlfirends. If that happened to my, it would be my hubby by my side. And that's ok.

Bwanna12Bree
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:43 PM

nope

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:44 PM
3 moms liked this

I have a couple of those friends, I know how lucky I am to have had the same best friend for over 30 years!

MethuenMom
by Bronze sister on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I do....I don't know what I would do without my girlies.  We would do it for each other in a heartbeat.

Mom2Kyle03
by Sister on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:55 PM

You are lucky! I HAD that with them in the past but as of late it seems that it wouldn't be true any longer.

Quoting MethuenMom:

I do....I don't know what I would do without my girlies.  We would do it for each other in a heartbeat.

Mom2Kyle03
by Sister on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:56 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes friends just suck. You always see your true friends when the Sh*t hits the fan :(

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

I was there like that for my husband til the end. 

Right now I think my mom would be the only true support I'd have and that makes me sad cuz she has enough on her plate.

All my friends have started leaving me when I counted on them for support after Dan died a few months ago. I realize we all have lives that need tending to but I thought my friends would be around longer but now they've moved away, blowing me off, etc.

So mom it would be but I'd do everything possible to not be a big burden on her.

coolmommy2x
by Silver sister on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Thankfuly I do. I have 4 girls I know I can call in an emergency and they'd drop whatever they are doing to help me. And I know mom would always have my back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MethuenMom
by Bronze sister on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Oh, that's so sad....You should try and rekindle your friendships!

Quoting Mom2Kyle03:

You are lucky! I HAD that with them in the past but as of late it seems that it wouldn't be true any longer.

Quoting MethuenMom:

stuswf
by Gold sister on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:01 PM
2 moms liked this
It's not too late to make new connections.....you're in the right place:):) lots of great ladies in here
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)