Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

business ideas?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:06 PM
  • 33 Replies
  • 360 Total Views
If you could open a business, what would it be? How much would it cost? How do you know if it's a good idea?

When I was a teen I wanted to bring baskin Robbins but my dad didn't want to so I didn't do it. Later in the years he said he should have listen bc it was a good idea. We didn't have one then in our city, now there's one or more.

I like to have a daycare but I also like the idea of a fun place for kids to play and that could be rented out for birthdays.
Another idea was a doggy daycare.

I'm sure all this ideas are too expensive. At the end I don't know what I'd do.

What would you do?
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:13 PM

If I were going to open another business, I think it would be a bookstore or a thrift store

flika
by Bronze sister on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:15 PM
What's your business now?

Quoting ALolies:

If I were going to open another business, I think it would be a bookstore or a thrift store

jjames1990
by Sister on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:16 PM
2 moms liked this
I opened a daycare for a while. It turned out not to be for me. Lol

I am currently trying to start a wildlife studio. Photographs, carved duck decoys (DH's specialty) and paintings along with wildlife themed crafts. So far the cost has been minimal. I am lucky to have a garage that we can use and we are zoned commercial b
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Hobby shop

Quoting flika: What's your business now?

Quoting ALolies:

flika
by Bronze sister on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:18 PM
Awesome

Quoting jjames1990: I opened a daycare for a while. It turned out not to be for me. Lol

I am currently trying to start a wildlife studio. Photographs, carved duck decoys (DH's specialty) and paintings along with wildlife themed crafts. So far the cost has been minimal. I am lucky to have a garage that we can use and we are zoned commercial b
MethuenMom
by Bronze sister on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

My sister wants me to open up a food truck with her.  We've already priced it out locally and it will be about $75k to start up.

I'm not ready to give up my career for a business risk.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:37 PM

I have thought of a book store, thrift store and even a bakery...

My bff and I checked into doing a daycare together once and the Insurance is what stopped us...

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:41 PM

That sounds like fun

Quoting jjames1990: I opened a daycare for a while. It turned out not to be for me. Lol

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:42 PM

You can move here and we'll open up a bookstore/thrift store together...

Quoting starlight1968:

I have thought of a book store, thrift store and even a bakery...

My bff and I checked into doing a daycare together once and the Insurance is what stopped us...

1squishysmom
by Silver sister on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

We own 2 businesses, a plumbing business for the past 23 years and a bike and skateboard shop for the past 5 years. No more businesses for us. Owning your own is a pain in the butt. You spend more time doing paper work and paying taxes than you do with your customers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)