Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Who.........?????

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:15 PM
  • 137 Replies
  • 921 Total Views

Does the cooking in your Household?? Who cooks better You or Hubby/SO?? 

by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wenuck
by Moonshine on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:17 PM
2 moms liked this

I do the majority of cooking and I believe I cook better then Hubby Lol!!

He does master the Grill I got to give him that! He does cook in the House But wow does he ever make a Mess when he does Lol!!

Analeigh2012
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:22 PM
3 moms liked this
Pretty much the same here. I do ALL the cooking except meats in the grill or frying an egg for breakfast. Hubs thinks he is king of those tasks so he controls them. The eggs he does perfectly, even with one flip over by tossing it in the air. Grilling, he does good. I marinate, them I tell him when to remove them. But I let him think he is king in these two areas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyAmaranth
by Amaranth on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:25 PM
3 moms liked this

Well it's just me and the kids so...me.

Unless we do tv dinners then they do their own.

girlcitycountry
by Chris on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:36 PM
3 moms liked this

I do all the cooking in the house. DH's idea of cooking is take out or grilled cheese with tater tots, lol. I don't mind once in a while take out but I couldn't handle that every day. 

kellysparkles
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 1:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I do all the cooking..which is good because I'm way better at it lol.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Feb. 8, 2014 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Yea I forgot about eggs I can't make sunny side up eggs as perfect as him I always bust the yolk =)

Quoting Analeigh2012: Pretty much the same here. I do ALL the cooking except meats in the grill or frying an egg for breakfast. Hubs thinks he is king of those tasks so he controls them. The eggs he does perfectly, even with one flip over by tossing it in the air. Grilling, he does good. I marinate, them I tell him when to remove them. But I let him think he is king in these two areas.
jett286
by BrewMisstress on Feb. 8, 2014 at 1:07 PM
3 moms liked this

It's all me!  Before DH was diagnosed he used to be the weekend pancake maker.  We were just talking this morning about his Dinosaur pancakes he used to make the boys and their friends when they were little...They'd request a dinosaur and he'd shape a pancake into it on the griddle....such fun memories..

wenuck
by Moonshine on Feb. 8, 2014 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
So will you be teaching the kids to cook? You have boys right?
Nothing wrong with TV dinners that's what I ate when I was 10-12 years old then I got hooked on chef boyerdee lol!

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

Well it's just me and the kids so...me.

Unless we do tv dinners then they do their own.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Feb. 8, 2014 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol!! Yea grilled cheese is good once in a blue moon. Or even for lunch =)

Quoting girlcitycountry:

I do all the cooking in the house. DH's idea of cooking is take out or grilled cheese with tater tots, lol. I don't mind once in a while take out but I couldn't handle that every day. 

the_kids_mom
by Gypsy Queen on Feb. 8, 2014 at 1:09 PM
4 moms liked this
I guess I'm the oddball. My dh does ALL the cooking, unless he wants meatloaf (usually 4 times a year). He does ALL holidays. In my defense, I can cook, but I hate it.....my dh was a chef before we met! He says cooking relaxes him....he even cleans up his mess! If he cooks, I'm on dish duty.....if I make his meatloaf, he's on dish duty....it works for us!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)