Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone seen?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:58 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 219 Total Views

The Butler? (movie) I decided to buy it a couple weeks ago in celebration of Black History Month. What did you think about it? I am NOT a political person AT ALL...but given that this movie was based on facts I found it to be especially intreguing.

The thing I learned from this movie...is that kindness goes a LONG way and is contageous. I found myself loving Mr. Gaines even as a young man because no matter what life threw at him, he spoke quietly, with kindness and made a great impact on those around him. Sometimes we have to wear two faces to be able to survive in this world, but in the end our personal morals and beliefs will shine through.

BTW...this is NOT a post about politics of if you support our President or not, so please...no rude comments. All comments are welcome.

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Is this the movie with Oprah Winfrey in it ??? If so I have not seen it.Was it good?

Maida265
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes...it has Oprah and Lee Daniel's. I didn't care for Oprah's roll, but Lee Daniel's as the father Mr. Gaines was phenominal!

Quoting wenuck:

Is this the movie with Oprah Winfrey in it ??? If so I have not seen it.Was it good?

secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:06 AM

I seen it a couple of weeks ago............loved it!

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:08 AM

I will Have to check it out! =)

Quoting Maida265:

Yes...it has Oprah and Lee Daniel's. I didn't care for Oprah's roll, but Lee Daniel's as the father Mr. Gaines was phenominal!

Quoting wenuck:

Maida265
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Wasn't it well written? I held it for quite some time before I watched it because I'm just not that opinionated with political views. As I began watching...I was almost immediately drawn in by this mans kindness.

Quoting secondcup5:

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:10 AM

We bought it a couple of weeks ago and watched it I think last weekend. I can honestly say that I fell asleep during it so I will have to try and watch it again.

secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:19 AM

It was, and so much history!  I'm trying to remember what  President was in when they finally had equal pay, but I know it really wasn't that long ago!  The movie was well written and the acting was superb!  I have a hard time sitting through awhole movie(ocd.....I think)but never moved through this movie............excellent!  I give it 5 stars!

Quoting Maida265:

Wasn't it well written? I held it for quite some time before I watched it because I'm just not that opinionated with political views. As I began watching...I was almost immediately drawn in by this mans kindness.

Quoting secondcup5:

BL2010
by BL on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:35 AM

I've heard of it but have not seen it.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:00 AM

I have not seen it yet, but intend to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)