Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Movie remakes

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:03 AM
  • 27 Replies
  • 415 Total Views

I am seeing they are doing a remake of several movies. One is Endless Love and the other is about last night.

I had seen where some are saying that they are sick of all the new remakes because they are not the original.

What do you think of the remakes?

** I know some will give opinions that may not be the same as everyone elses. Please No bashing and all opinions are welcome :)

Join us for coffee&support (_)3

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maida265
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Some I enjoy, but in all honesty, I don't think any re-make is ever as good as the original.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Remakes in some instances are ok but normally IMO they are not as good as the original.

BL2010
by BL on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:34 AM

I don't like remakes. Never as good as what I remember.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:40 AM

I can say I never saw these two original movies and wont see the remakes. I am not a remake type gal either and wont judge these two but seen past remakes and I heard the remakes were a flop so I am not understanding if they were flops why keep doing them.

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Ok I'm the odd ball here! I am a Horror Freak and the only movie I have not checked out yet was the Carrie remake. Maybe I will get that when I get the Butler. But so far I like all the movie remakes. My favorites are Jason 2012 remake and Texas Chainsaw remakes 2008-2010?? Evil Dead was pretty good. Yea I told yous I'm the odd ball =)

MethuenMom
by Bronze sister on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:50 AM

I think they're remaking the wrong movies.  I always wished they'd take Disney cartoons and bring them to life. And not like what they did with that Drew Barrymore Cinderella one.  That movie was horrible.  I'd like to see a real life remake of: The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast....  Get Spielburg on it and I bet they would be amazing!

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I hated the remake of Footloose. I suppose they should come up with something original and leave the old movies alone.

BL2010
by BL on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I loved the original so much that I refused to see the remake. Kevin Bacon is the only one that could pull that off, in my opinion.

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

I hated the remake of Footloose. I suppose they should come up with something original and leave the old movies alone.

LadyAmaranth
by Hillarie on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

They are redoing IT as well.

99% of the remakes aka re-imaginings stink. There are just some movies that shouldn't be touched.

They have lost originality in Hollywood, imho. Yet they still she'll out tons of money to actors for reworked scripts. I just am bugged that they can't come up with new stuff.

yourpassion
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree! That's why I didn't see it either.

Quoting BL2010:

I loved the original so much that I refused to see the remake. Kevin Bacon is the only one that could pull that off, in my opinion.

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)