Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Debate question: 2/18

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:33 AM
  • 59 Replies
  • 849 Total Views

I was reading an article where a inmate who is set to death for the abduction, rape and death of a 15 year old girl was upset about the lethal injection saying it is painfully inhumane. The argument is that each inmate that is put to death by lethal injection takes about 20 minutes and in that time they are in pain and this is inhumane to them.

Reading the comments the relies were saying that inmates who murder or raped their victims wasn't to kind in doing so and what they did was inhumane and cruel and why should the State show mercy on them?

So my question is: should the State show mercy on the inmates that has been found guilty of rape or murder? When they are put on death row and given the lethal injection do they become victims of the State?

Thoughts?

*** This is based on personal opinion and no bashing of other replies. WE are all entitled to our opinions.

Join us for coffee&support (_)3

by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FlyingMommy747
by Bronze sister on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I have absolutely no sympathy for someone who rapes and murders anyone.  Why shouldn't they suffer just like their victims did???

ashleighmama
by Ash on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I totally agree with this...

Quoting FlyingMommy747:

I have absolutely no sympathy for someone who rapes and murders anyone.  Why shouldn't they suffer just like their victims did???

wildchild.com
by Rapunzel on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:49 AM
I have NO sympathy for these inmates. They are getting what they deserve. I look at this way if that was my daughter I would want the harshest punishment for that inmate. I just could not show any mercy if that was my child that he hurt.
momofsixangels
by Silver sister on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:51 AM

They should suffer even more,.What the hell was humane on how they killed their victim?

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:52 AM

I don't have sympathy for inmates who rape or murder or both. I think their death should be as painful as the victim.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I think they should be hung!

stuswf
by Gold sister on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Personally, I think it's sad that states spend $$$$ upon $$$$ to house inmates on death row for years! ....IMHO I think that all these people need to be sterilized & sent to a remote island to start their own society & they'd kill one another off & we wouldn't need to feel guilty for lethal injection. We feel guilty because we have a conscience! They don't obviously or they wouldn't commit these crimes over & over again!!! I honestly could not lethal inject or shoot anyone to end their life, unless it was 1:1 self defense.....which got me to thinking maybe death row lethal injection is societies self defense.....I just know I personally would have too much inner torment to purposefully end someone's life....I know this is a wishy washy response....but it's honest
BL2010
by BL on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I don't care how inhumane it is for anyone that is found guilty and on death row. A lot of states are now looking into doing away with the lethal injections and the countries that supply it won't if it's used for that purpose. I say take the guilty ones out back and shoot the bast...s

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Were they full of sympathy when they were raping or killing a human being, I think not. 

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I feel that if they are death row they dont need to be for years BUT maybe a month or two for appeal and then if there is none then they should be put to death. I am sorry but they didnt give their victim that long. I also think that injections is fine considering it use to be the electric chair or hanging and then that was inhumane as well so they decided on the injections.

Someone had a good question in the comments of the article I read and so lets switch it up some...

What if it was your son that was on death row for murder/rape would you still feel the same way?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)