Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Why?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:19 AM
  • 124 Replies
  • 1489 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I'm just curiuos:

If you are a member of this group...and you enjoy the conversations, what makes you either comment, or choose not to? We have over 16,800 members in 40ish and Beyond. We have our regulars...our sometimers and some who will chime in from time to time and say the enjoy the group, or answer posts that ask about how to make things better by commenting they like things as they are now.

Although I'm grateful they acknowledged the post and commented, I will be honest to say that there are names I don't recognize and it caused me to think about WHY? I would SO love to see more people chime in...and get to know them. Of all the groups here on CM...I have never been a part of such a great group of ladies, who really do welcome EVERYONE. All walks of life are embraced here in 40ish.

by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chickadees
by Sister on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:21 AM
4 moms liked this

I bop around and answer posts that I think I can contribute to.  I'm not loyal to any one group.

stuswf
by Gold sister on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:25 AM
7 moms liked this
I am loyal to this group. It's my favorite group....probably because we don't have tit for tat posts or replies ...we are seasoned women not little girls who thrive on drama...we thrive on life. I comment most of the time, if I feel I have something to contribute....however, you may not see me much as I don't have the opportunity to be here as much as I'd like....
luvbugs3
by Sister on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:25 AM
5 moms liked this

I usually refresh the POST IN MY GROUPS button, and click on anything that pops up.  It is from all the groups I am in so not all posts from this group show up.  Sometimes I read and do not have anything good to say. sometimes I do. Sometimes I will type something out and then decide not to post it because it is too long, or if I made too many errors, or if I sound mean or something.

notadoormat
by Sister on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:30 AM
4 moms liked this
I recently just joined, but have also started a second job. So, my time is here and there. I have liked the ladies here and how they just accept newcomers:)
PrincessAsmommy
by Jeanny on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:34 AM
5 moms liked this

I belong to a handfull of groups but this is one of the ones I spend the most time on. I admit when I first joined it took me a while to get comfortable but now it's one of the few I check on daily even if I don't find a post to comment on. It's nice to have friends my own age here on CM smile mini

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome! Love your name. Thanks for your reply and honest answer. I think we all pick groups based on what we are looking for. For some it may be entertainment...others it may be friendship and for others still...it may be for information. Whichever it is for you...thank you for stopping in.

Quoting chickadees:

I bop around and answer posts that I think I can contribute to.  I'm not loyal to any one group.

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:57 AM
2 moms liked this

We sure do love it when you are here!!!

Quoting stuswf: I am loyal to this group. It's my favorite group....probably because we don't have tit for tat posts or replies ...we are seasoned women not little girls who thrive on drama...we thrive on life. I comment most of the time, if I feel I have something to contribute....however, you may not see me much as I don't have the opportunity to be here as much as I'd like....

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:58 AM
3 moms liked this

I have seen you around and your screen name has stuck with me...Love it! We do strive to accept everyone here and I'm glad you felt that.

Quoting notadoormat: I recently just joined, but have also started a second job. So, my time is here and there. I have liked the ladies here and how they just accept newcomers:)

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:00 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm so glad you responded!! I think it's important to respond to posts whether or not there is anything to contribute. A Sweetpea or hug may not seem like much to you as the replier, but it may mean the world to the poster. We all like to be acknowledged in some way.

Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

I belong to a handfull of groups but this is one of the ones I spend the most time on. I admit when I first joined it took me a while to get comfortable but now it's one of the few I check on daily even if I don't find a post to comment on. It's nice to have friends my own age here on CM smile mini

mamakin616
by Sister on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:03 PM
2 moms liked this
I try to post on things that I feel a connection to or feel I can help with.When I am able to be on here...I have small kids at home and sometimes do not have time to be on. I also have trouble posting on some things....I don't understand how it all works ...but, like right now I am on here and able to make this post,but I tried to comment on another group I am in and a new screen pops up telling me I have to log-in..This happens quite often...I am already logged -in and I don't know why or how this keeps happeneing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)