Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Debate: Halos Commercial 2/22/2104

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:21 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 280 Total Views

Telll me what you think. If I had spoken to my Mom or Dad like this, I would have had my mouth smacked and went to my room! thoughts?

by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't care for these commercials at all. I think the are disrespectful. And why can't grown ups eat healthy fruit. I won't buy this product simply because I don't like their advertising.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Angie- You know I/we have other grands besides the baby that is coming. If I EVER hear of any of our grands speak to their parents that way, I will pop their mouth! Ugghh!

**EDIT- When I said that I would pop one of my grandchildren, I would NOT. More of a knee-jerk reaction. A time out could be more effective.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh no!!! Whack!
girlcitycountry
by Chris on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:45 PM
2 moms liked this

This is exactly how I feel. I purposely have not bought this product because of the commercials. The kids are so dang disrespectful!  If I talked that way to my parents my butt would have been smacked and the lecture would come. I hate just absolutely hate this commercial. 

Quoting ALolies:

I don't care for these commercials at all. I think the are disrespectful. And why can't grown ups eat healthy fruit. I won't buy this product simply because I don't like their advertising.

damselle
by New sister on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Other than showing children being disrespectful to adults and stingy with their snacks, I don't like these commercials because it takes something as simple as a piece of fruit and designates it to a particular age group.  Why can't we all eat little seedless oranges?  You don't see the Cuties people or the clementine guild being so ageist.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Feb. 22, 2014 at 8:46 PM

I agree with everyone. But, I could see some people maybe thinking it's cute. I don't! I think it's nasty and obnoxious!!

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 23, 2014 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont buy halos but I do buy cuties and others alike. My granddaughter Sophia will take a bag and eat them and even claim them as her own BUT she is not disrespectful about it. I think writing to the company and letting them know how disrespectful the children are is unacceptable and they could be losing consumers because of the disrespect.

Also if one of my 10 grandchildren or my daughter is disrespectful they would get in trouble. Not a pop in the mouth but time out.

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have been smacked for that too. I hate the way commercials,a nd even tv shows, portray little smart mouthed brats as cute and acceptable. For anyone that watches GH, Spencer Cassadine, comes to mind.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kaarina:

I would have been smacked for that too. I hate the way commercials,a nd even tv shows, portray little smart mouthed brats as cute and acceptable. For anyone that watches GH, Spencer Cassadine, comes to mind.

Kaarina- You're so right! Spencer Cassadine is so mouthy!! Ugghh!

momofsixangels
by Gold sister on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont like these commercials

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN