Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

No judgments please…just give me your thoughts.

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:45 PM
  • 23 Replies
  • 425 Total Views

Okay before the judgments start....I want to say that the situation I am describing will come off sounding like high school, but I want you to know that I am pretty much the innocent party here....so here it goes.

I recently deleted my facebook page due to the immaturity of the people I went to HS with. It was annoying so I got rid of my page.

My friend (calls me daily) called me and told me that someone made a nasty comment about me because they thought I deleted them as a friend rather than deleting my page. Ok, big deal, I don't care. BUT, a mutual friend of the friend that calls me all the time is now contacting my friend asking what is going on....also chimed in on the post by the immature whacko that posted stuff about me. Now, the friend who calls me all the time is telling me that she is no good, playing dumb and is NOT a real friend to her but all of a sudden she labels her as an "acquaintance" YET my "friend" who calls me all the time is still chatting with the her, conversing with her and remaining friends with her on facebook.

I waited a week to see what would happen, and I confronted my friend about it. We got into an argument. She accused me of not trusting her etc. That is not true. I just don't understand friends anymore. I am a loyal friend and I have people's backs. I feel that if this friend of mine really was trustworthy she would be on my side since all she did was tell me the other friend was no good.

We are now at a standstill. She told me I am way too controlling which is BS. I am not...just expressed my feelings and made a point. I guess she really isn't my friend. I will tell you this...she tells me intimate details of her other friend's lives which tells me she is probably telling things about my life but she always says she doesn't. 

She also has job problems. She tattles to her boss about every little thing and then also behind other co-worker's backs. I am beginning to think she is a sh*t stirrer, not just at work, but in her personal life as well. 

What are your thoughts? Thank you. :)

by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

this is a judgment free zone ... I have not read yet just wanted to say that and go back and reading now

ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

sounds like she is better not to be in your life sounds like she is a little tattle tale that needs to not be in your life  hugs time to move on find new friends  I m s sorry this happend to you it sucks but new people will come into your life 

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think any of these people sound like much fun. I don't like high maintenance people.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Not a Friend! 

Life is to short for people like that!

STVUstudent
by Sister on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:17 PM
2 moms liked this

you're right- it does sound like high school... I say let it all go and die a natural death... and if your "friends" are acting this way, get some more grown-up friends...  I have let a few "friends" slide off the radar that way because they just got so darn silly...

LadyAmaranth
by Amaranth on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Friendship is complicated. You don't have to have the same friends or like your friends other friends to be loyal and a good friend to you.

But from the sounds of this girl, she's a gossiper and likes the high she gets from spreading stuff around. Definitely someone who I'd delete from my world. Hers will implode soon enough. No need to be around when it does.

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate Facebook for this reason! It all sounds childish to me and I would not want to be involved in it... Step away from it and move on...IF she comes back into your life set up boundaries and go from there.

MethuenMom
by Bronze sister on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd give it a few days.  It sounds like thigs are still pretty heated and nothing will get accomplished unless people can think clearly.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:44 PM
5 moms liked this

First... This would/should have been easily taken care of by your "friend". All she had to do was post "She deleted her account"...

Second, If she is telling you things about other friends, she is telling other friends about you.

BL2010
by BL on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

No judgement here

Personally, I say let it go. Life is to short to worry about all these gossipee people. That is not a friend. If she tells you about other people then chances are she tells them about you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)