Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Woman will buys underage teens alcohol over men...

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:53 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 365 Total Views

I saw this on the Today show and found it interesting. They said that a woman was morelikely to buy underage teenagers alcohol. This surprised me because they placed two actors (they were over 21) in front of a store and asked men to buy them beer, they all refused but the woman were the ones to agree (not all). I was shocked that it was mainly the woman doing it.

Does it surprise you that its mainly woman and not the men?

What would you do if you found out that Jane Doe bought your underage teen beer?

Would you/have you ever bought for a underage teen?

** Please DO NOT bash for the opinion of others. ALL opinions matter!!

Join us for coffee&support (_)3

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Hmmm, I have never and would never buy for underage people. Now, when I was younger, a long time ago, we were the ones doing the asking and we always asked men and they happily bought for us.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:33 AM

I would not and have not... If I ever got a hold of Jane Doe I'd beat her to a pulp... Probably not leterally, but I'd definately let her know how wrong it is. And I go to the store owner and police with the information. Of course, being random people, there really is no way of proving anything in these cases...

ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I would be so pissed if someone bought my kid beer or boos but that would be calling the kettle black because I drank when I was 19 and 20 ( the joys of living near canada and going to the bars there and drinking) unforntly I came across the border many times drunk  my friends always drove so I got lucky..... My husband then my bday would buy alchol or have alchol at his house though....   now as a adult I would not buy for someone that is underage

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Not teens. I bought dh and his college roommates alcohol all the time when I was 21 and they were all 20. That was it for me. They loved it when I turned 21, lol. Dh turned 20 a month after I turned 21.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wenuck
by Moonshine on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes I remember in my younger days with my friends hunting for people to buy us Beer and it was mostly men. But now I would not do it no Way.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:23 AM

I never have,  nor would I. Just wrong.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:39 AM

I wouldnt either and I cant say anything as I was a teenager in germany where it was legal for us to drink. BUT that dont give me the right to buy for other peoples kids.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:18 PM

and I bet you'll find the men will buy it for underaged GIRLS just as much lmbo...sheesh... I never have/will and someone better not do it for mine....

MethuenMom
by Bronze sister on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:35 PM

I could see men, the macho beings they are, saying suck it up kid and wait until your 21 while some women will just cave to a pretty boy face.

Does it surprise you that its mainly woman and not the men? Nope, not at all.

What would you do if you found out that Jane Doe bought your underage teen beer? Jane Doe would be Jane Dead by my bare hands!

Would you/have you ever bought for a underage teen?  No, I was carded until I was 30 so I probably didn't look old enough to buy it myself so no one asked.   

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I would never buy for underaged teenagers hanging out in front of a store. I have made my dd a margarita when she was 20 and seen my youngest who is now 20 drink a beer that my dh bought.

I was not happy to hear that my son would call his sister to buy beer for him and his friends. I figure they would find a way to drink if they wanted to, but I didn't want her involved in something like that for kids we don't know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN