Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Teachers embarrassing students.....

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:55 PM
  • 32 Replies
  • 452 Total Views

My daughter came home in tears AGAIN because her teacher embarrassed her in front of the entire class.

The teacher was cleaning out book bags and when she opened up my daughters she said in a very loud voice 'OMG, this smells like smoke, I can't even go near it, that's gross'.  First off, they're 6th graders and do not need their bags cleaned out by their controlling teacher.  Secondly, she needs to learn her place in society.  My daughter is not hers and she does not get to talk to my child this way.  We have had conversations in the past about this and they have  never ended pretty.

Now, we don't smoke in the house. We (more DH than I, I only occassionaly have one or two) smoke on our back porch that is closed off from the house.  I didn't know that my daughter put her book bag out there during her school vacation.  We don't chain smoke but we did have a party on Sunday and had a few smokers out there.

To rub salt in my daughters wound, some classmates told her that we're going to die soon after hearing her teacher go on and on about this.

This teacher has a long standing tradition about embarrassing children.  She is a teacher who is past her prime and should just retire!

BTW:  I cleaned out her bag myself and sprayed it with Febreeze.  I told my daughter to hold her bag very close to her teachers face and say 'smell'.

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Wow, I'd definitely be back there complaining again.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:00 PM
What is wrong with people!! Really! Why can't she (teacher) keep it to herself! Very immature of her or he whatever! To put your daughter on the spot I'd be livid!!
Hugs to your daughter!!!
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be in so much trouble, because I would make a point to go to the classroom and say something embarrassing to her and ask her if she would like to try bullying an adult who can stand up to her. She would have to apologize in front of the entire class and promise to never treat another child like that again. Yep, I'd be in trouble for sure; and we wonder why kids are bullies, it's because some of their role models are too!

MethuenMom
by Bronze sister on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:09 PM

I can't right now because I have very bad words on the tip of my tongue and if I call her, I'll explode.  We'll see tomorrow what she says and then I'll drop my gloves.

Quoting BL2010:

Wow, I'd definitely be back there complaining again.

Thelmama
by Sister on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:12 PM

That is awful.  So sorry she was embarrassed. I had a teacher do that to me in 4th grade, embarrass me that is.  I still remember it. I am 46 years old. I got over it but the memory did not go away.

MethuenMom
by Bronze sister on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:15 PM

I had nuns....Those scars run deep.

Quoting Thelmama:

That is awful.  So sorry she was embarrassed. I had a teacher do that to me in 4th grade, embarrass me that is.  I still remember it. I am 46 years old. I got over it but the memory did not go away.

Thelmama
by Sister on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

We had these twin substitues that should have been nuns. There were pure evil, rulers on the palm that had holes in them and worse...yes I can relate.  Maybe they were nuns in another life, they sure fit the bill for nun teachers.  *shudders*

Quoting MethuenMom:

I had nuns....Those scars run deep.

Quoting Thelmama:

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Have you tried complaining to the principal ? Sometimes that does the trick.
wildchild.com
by Janine on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:34 PM
This...

Quoting kaarina: Have you tried complaining to the principal ? Sometimes that does the trick.
GMMC
by Angie's Shadow ;) on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Now why doesn't she just do what most teachers do...bitch about it in the staff room!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN