Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Some people should NOT be parents

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 6:44 AM
  • 43 Replies
  • 581 Total Views

I was watching my local news and they showed a video of a fight between two kids. The MOTHER was heard in the video teling her son who was hurt to get up and finish the fight. This video was placed on FB and natually it went viral and the police station was made aware and invesigating this.

What mother would not only video tape a fight between her child and another but watch her child get 5 or 6 punches to the face and he falls (very bloody) and she tells him to get up and keep fighting?

Again placing something on FB to either show off or maybe someone wanted them to get caught.

What should happen to parents that encourages their child to be a bully, fight, steal... ETC?

Have you ever encouraged your child to fight, be a bully, steal... ETC?

** Please DO NOT bash anyone for their opinion. ALL opinions are welcomed!

Join us for coffee&support (_)3

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 6:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Feb. 27, 2014 at 6:46 AM

Never have or woud thAts rediculus

how old about are the kids???

copugowner
by Sister on Feb. 27, 2014 at 6:55 AM

No. I was bullied in high school. If my daughter is being bullied, I will be her out of the school.   As a parent I have a right to not allow my child to participate or to continue to become a victim.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:06 AM

From the look of the news (they black out the faces) they were about 10-13 years of age.

Quoting ChellBell2013:

Never have or woud thAts rediculus

how old about are the kids???

ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:06 AM

Oh wow 

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:07 AM

I am sorry you were bullied and I agree if your child is a victim then you have the right as her parent to protect her and maje sure she is in a safe enviroment.

Quoting copugowner:

No. I was bullied in high school. If my daughter is being bullied, I will be her out of the school.   As a parent I have a right to not allow my child to participate or to continue to become a victim.

wildchild.com
by Rapunzel on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:09 AM
Never that's horrible parenting. She sounds like a complete nut!
jjames1990
by Sister on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Every mother, including mine, that I grew up with. (Minus the video recording). One of my earliest memories is of a fight that I watched outside of my bedroom, a boy across the street, fighting another neighborhood boy. (15-16 yrs old) The mothers and others watched and cheered. One of the boys, Chuck, will never forget his name, lost an eye in the fight.

Anytime I had an argument in school, someone telling me they wanted to fight me, my mother would have me call them and tell them to come to my house and we would fight. (To avoid it happening in school, or me being jumped)

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:10 AM

I am a mom of boys (and girls) and never did I encourage my kids to fight. When they got mad I would be the one to tell them to calm down. I also would go to the school if I thought there would be trouble and be the voice of reason not the voice of encouragement to hurt others.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:15 AM

I hate the fact that a parent would cheer on a fight and a boy lost an eye because of it.

I grew up Military and we were raised that fighting was not allow and everything can be resolved. I remember one fight a girl wanted to start with me and she was taller than me so I had to get on a chair, by the time I got on the chair everyone was laughing to hard that we walked away with a chuckle and not a bruise.

Quoting jjames1990: Every mother, including mine, that I grew up with. (Minus the video recording). One of my earliest memories is of a fight that I watched outside of my bedroom, a boy across the street, fighting another neighborhood boy. (15-16 yrs old) The mothers and others watched and cheered. One of the boys, Chuck, will never forget his name, lost an eye in the fight. Anytime I had an argument in school, someone telling me they wanted to fight me, my mother would have me call them and tell them to come to my house and we would fight. (To avoid it happening in school, or me being jumped)

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:16 AM
6 moms liked this

I wont encourage, but i made sure that my kids never let anyone bully them or hurt them. My kids are tough cookies and if they had to fight they did, but i would never stand there and encourage them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)