Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Kitchen Pet Peeves

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:38 PM
  • 56 Replies
  • 830 Total Views
2 moms liked this

Do you have any pet peeves from the kitchen? I really REALLY hate it when someone blasts the water (we have really good water pressure) and it sprays water behind the faucet next to the splash guard. I also hate wet spotted sinks, so I always wipe down my sink when I've finished with dishes.

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh...splatters in the microwave that NO ONE notices but me!!

letstalk747
by Joy on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah , i hate doing  dishes , and cooking

1kidmomajm
by Kristy on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

My dh does the dishes. But it drives me nuts the way he hangs the spatulas and such on the hooks over out stove. I like them in order of necessity. He always hangs the common use stuff behind other things. My other pet peave is that there is barely any counter space. Its a tiny kitchen.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Feb. 27, 2014 at 6:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh my, where do I start? I can't stand the cabinet dorrs left open (even just a little). I also hate water spots. I am constantly following people with my dish towel wiping the water off the counter tops. I won't let anyone else wash my dishes. I do them the way I want them done and I know they are clean. If anyone but hubby or I wash them, I am afraid they are not as clean as I get them. The cans and boxes have to be facing the front (in cupboards and fridge).

Had enough yet? LMBO

wenuck
by Moonshine on Feb. 27, 2014 at 6:22 PM
3 moms liked this
I hate when people just shove stuff in the fridge I like an organized fridge ugh!!
chefmartha
by Sister on Feb. 27, 2014 at 6:32 PM
2 moms liked this

I hate when the kids do the clean up and put stuff away in any old place they please, instead of where I want it and have a designated spot for it. Ex: I couldn't find the cheese slicer for months because the DD#2 put the darn thing in the wrong drawer on the opposite side of the kitchen from where I had put it. She stuck it in an over stuffed drawer meant for rubber scrapers and measuring spoons near the mixer instead of in the drawer with the scissors, wine openers, can openers and the garlic press. That drawer had room in it where as the first one doesn't. I only found it again because I was going that drawer for something else.

I also don't like when they put the spices away and put them on the upper shelves where I can't see them. They think I'm being picky but when they have their own homes they can put things where they want and works for them.

Analeigh2012
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 6:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't have enough counter space for rolling out dough, not enough storage cabinets for pots and pans and no pantry - I am crowded!!  

But I just met last week with a kitchen designer and a general contractor - I may get the kitchen of my dreams this Spring if the prices they give us are doable!  So, so, so excited!

yourpassion
by Sister on Feb. 27, 2014 at 6:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I do not like other people doing my dishes. 

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze sister on Feb. 27, 2014 at 6:43 PM
3 moms liked this
Dishes in the sink.... Next to an empty dish washer
Micawife
by Bronze sister on Feb. 27, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Hate when others set their dirty dishes on the counter instead of rinsing and putting in sink, I don't like them to load dishwasher because all 3 are lefties so its backwards to me.. Drives me nuts when hubby steals food off the plates before I get them on the table (don't know why...it just does)Can't stand anyone taste testing while I cook.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)