Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I applied to college today

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:20 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 154 Total Views

Well, I finally did it. I finally applied to go to college. I had gone to college years ago, but never finished because I was having some emotional problems and then I got pregnant. I tried to go back and finish later but they had changed the program, which woulod have required me to take many classes over again. I was studying education then, and I almost had finished. Then I started second guessing whether I really wanted to be a teacher, so I never went back. 

But now I know I need a degree if I am ever going to be able to make any decent money. I have worked basically entry level jobs for years, and I am a single mom, and that amount of money is just not cutting it. So I finally decided it's time. I don't know if it's the smartest thing I've ever done, or the dumbest. I don't know if it's been way too long for me to remember how to write essays and do advanced math, but I'm going to try. Not going to do education this time around, though. The school systems are too messed up right now, and I don't think I could do student teaching and work full time. This time I am going to study information technology, and if all goes well, I want to go to grad school and study library science after I get my bachelor's.

I completed the application today, and a financial aid application, so if it is approved, hopefully I can start this summer.

by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Awesome!!!
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:35 PM

This is great!! I went back to school 5 years ago and finishing up my PhD now.. I am proud of you and will be your biggest cheerleader!!!

girlcitycountry
by Chris on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Excellent. You will be great. 

wenuck
by Moonshine on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Good for you!!! Yay!
starlight1968
/ღ˚ •。* ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* ° ˚ • ★MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL*˚ .ღ 。° 。* ° ˚ • ★ *˚ . /
Yesterday at 11:54 PM
by 40ish hang out queen on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:49 PM

hugs and good luck!!!way to go

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Mar. 9, 2014 at 1:19 AM
Congratulations! There are many labs and online resources so you have a great chance at success Even YouTube has great math tutorials. Wishing you a great experience.
Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Mar. 9, 2014 at 6:15 AM

Congratulations You can do it Mama

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:38 AM
WooHoo! You rock!
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Congrats! That's awesome :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN