Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The 1 Weirdest thing you never knew about your state...

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:59 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 246 Total Views
1 mom liked this

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/11/weird-facts-states_n_4869798.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

New Jersey

Napoleon's penis allegedly resides in this state.

Professor John Lattimer kept what is allegedly Napoleon's penis in his Englewood bedroom until his death in 2013. Reporters were allowed to film the penis after Lattimer's death and found that Napoleon's complex might not have been caused by his height.

SO WHERE CAN I FIND IT LMAO...WOULD BE ME TO LIVE IN A STATE THAT INVOLVES SOMEONES PENIS LMAO!!!

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BL2010
by BL on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:10 AM

LMAO... figures.

Quoting Carmen66:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/11/weird-facts-states_n_4869798.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

New Jersey

Professor John Lattimer kept what is allegedly Napoleon's penis in his Englewood bedroom until his death in 2013. Reporters were allowed to film the penis after Lattimer's death and found that Napoleon's complex might not have been caused by his height.

SO WHERE CAN I FIND IT LMAO...WOULD BE ME TO LIVE IN A STATE THAT INVOLVES SOMEONES PENIS LMAO!!!

BL2010
by BL on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

A group of Robin Hooders once paid expired parking meters before tickets could be handed out.

A six-person group going by the name of "Robin Hood and his Merry Men" were sued in 2013 by the city of Keene for paying random people's expired parking meters and filming ticketing officers. In December, a judge dropped all chargers against the Robin Hooders.

FlyingMommy747
by Silver sister on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I live in Washington State now (booring!) but I am from Maryland, this is kinda cool!

Maryland

Beatlemania was ignited in the U.S. by a teenage Marylander.

Before The Beatles were selling records in the U.S., a 15-year-old girl from Maryland named Marsha Albert called a radio station in Washington D.C. and asked, “Why can’t we have music like that here in America?” after seeing a news segment about the British band. The DJ tracked down a copy of the single "I Want To Hold Your Hand," and after the station began playing the song, demand skyrocketed in the U.S. as other stations followed suit.

CafeMom Tickers
kaarina
by Boston Strong on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Massachusetts

Lobster was once so abundant in this state that it was given to slaves and prisoners.

The state used to have so many lobsters that they'd regularly be fed to prisoners, slaves and other groups that usually get short shrift when it comes to food. Apparently, some professional servants even inserted a clause in their contracts that they would only be given lobster twice a week, not wanting to eat lobster all day, every day.

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Pennsylvania

A Norwegian musician once tried to build a "New Norway" in this state.

Norwegian musician Ole Bull attempted for a short time in 1852 to establish a New Norway colony in Pennsylvania, which is now commonly referred to as the Ole Bull Colony. The project failed when there wasn't enough land to till, and Bull ended up going back to performing concerts.

secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:38 PM

That's too funny...........they should make a billboard to attract tourists.............

Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:15 PM

That there is a diamond mine abut 2 hours from here! And do you think Ray would take me? NOOO! (AR)

Maida265
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:05 PM

HA!!! I knew NJ had a bunch of penis's!!!!

Quoting BL2010:

LMAO... figures.

Quoting Carmen66:

New Jersey

Maida265
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Vermont

A giant dome was almost built over a city just north of Burlington.

The town of Winooski was almost covered in a giant dome when city planners decided it might be a good way to address the town's winter energy conservation problem. This idea apparently came about after a few glasses of wine, but ended up going far enough to attract political support and worldwide media attention. In the end, the town couldn't secure the funds, meaning that Winooski remains domeless.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)