Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First time to sandusky and could use some advice.

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:07 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 340 Total Views

We live in Missouri and this will be the first vacation we have been able to take our kids on and they all wanted to go to your amusement park in cedar point. We will be there the third week of may. Since we do not get to do things like this I wanted to make this very special for my kids. Can you give me any suggestions on what I should do and what I should avoid? Like resteraunts that are a must, or museums? How about those islands, kelleys I think, are they worth the money and what is there to do on them? if you only had four days in Sandusky what with you do with 4 kids, 18, 17, 15 and 12 are their ages. any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Francine 

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Hi and welcome Francine. Sorry, I've never been there. I wonder if they have a chamber of Commerce that you could check out. Where is Sandusky?

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know where it is
But I wanted to say Hello and Welcome!
ozarkmomof4
by New sister on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Oh, I thought this was a sandusky chat site! :(  It's in ohio, cedar point is suppose to be one of the best amusement parks in the US.

BL2010
by BL on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Ooops... Well, I hope you'll stay here and play with us!

I found this online. http://www.sandusky.net/. Seems to be a lot there and it looks like fun!

Quoting ozarkmomof4:

Oh, I thought this was a sandusky chat site! :(  It's in ohio, cedar point is suppose to be one of the best amusement parks in the US.

ozarkmomof4
by New sister on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!!

mjmorrison
by MJ on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:36 PM

cedar point is awsome.

ChellBell2013
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome

Been a long time since I have been to Cedar point ( last time  I was there the raptor was new )

we are driving out that way  over Easter to do to a indoor water park 

sorry no help 

ChellBell2013
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Where do you live how long of a drive is it ?????

MCA23
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

With kids that age, you need at least 2 days at the park... maybe a third day at the water park, too.  I think you can buy package deals on the Cedar Point website with mutli-day passes and hotels bundled together for a discount. 

I grew up in Michigan and we drove there EVERY summer growing up.  Cedar Point IS vacation to me.  I LOVE that place.  They'll definitely want more than one day!

mom22tumblebugs
by Silver sister on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:30 PM

We spent a couple of days at the campground next to Cedar Point. Boy was it loud. I wouldn't mind staying at the hotel that is within walking distance (but not right at) Cedar Point. We were able to get into the park one hour early which was enough time to get to one of the most popular rides before the crowds. There are a few big coasters that can get really really long lines, like Top Thrill Dragster, and Millenium Force.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)