Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Debate question: Pageants

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:32 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 212 Total Views

I am sitting here playing on CM and Bethenny is on. The topic is pageant moms and their girls. One little girl is 10 and the other is 5 and both are cute little girls. When these little girls have their make up on they don't look 10 and 5 but older. They are dressed in costumes but to a pedophile its not a costume but a new way to stalk the child. My thing is after the glitter is gone where is the child? After they can't compete or they get older do they feel like they are still perfect?

I knew a girl in school who was in pageants and she was always popular, cheerleader and someone who everyone wanted to hang with. She got with the popular guy and got pregnant and he left her and went after his dream of college. She had her child, no college and the sad part she resorted to selling her body for money. I soke with someone who also knew her and they said that she thought her beauty would always get her everything she wanted and at the end it didn't.

I knew a woman who had a child in pageants at 3 and this child couldnt play outside and her teenage boys had to do everything the child wanted. The child got sick and the parents blamed the boys and they resented their little sister.

Should a child be so "dress" up in make up at a young age?

Wouldn't it be better if pageants look for natural look instead of "made" up look?

Thoughts?

Join us for coffee&support (_)3

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BL2010
by BL on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Personally, I dislike pageants with a passion. The way some of these mothers do their daughters is sickening. For crying out loud, let them be kids!

Maida265
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Although I dislike these sort of things...if we are going to have them, I think pagaents should be based on talent and natural beauty.

LadyAmaranth
by Hillarie on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't like them, especially the glitz kind.

If they're truly about beauty and talent then natural is the way to go.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I rather see the talent and natural beauty.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:08 PM

If they are going to have pagents for little girls then they should BE for LITTLE Girls NOT make them look like hookers and such w/all the make-up and adult stuff....grrr

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Yea I don't care for them either!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)